[ExtraBees] Problems getting certain mutations

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Following the databases and wikis, I've been trying to unlock every bee species possible. It's been going quite well. Had some ups and downs. Right now I'm having some problems trying to get certain bees.

Info:
1. I'm working in a Normal/Normal biome.
2. I've used 3x Soul Frames and now upgraded to Alveary+Mutator block.
3. I've tried 2 mutator blocks with uranium in each. I've also tried Nether Star (Both methods should be garauntee 100% mutation)

I've failed at:
Galvanized: Resilient + Cultivated
Invincible: Resilient + Ender
Sodalite: Lapis + Diligent

In addition, I somehow got a hybrid Brazen (Corroded + Galvanized) mutation even though I never had Galvanized to begin with. I forgot how exactly I got the mutation. I think it was when I was trying to get the Leaden bee.

So I am just curious as to what's going on. Do the bees need special conditions to mutate? Are the recipes wrong/outdated? Are the species still obtainable or are they locked/disabled blah?

Thanks

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
I've had trouble with Sodalite and the Heroic bees :/

I've gotten Heroic. You HAVE to be in a forest biome. Took me awhile to figure that one out :D

I haven't tried all the mutations yet. All I have left to unlock are:
Glittering
Shiny
Precious
Valuable
Ruby
Sapphire
Olivine?? (Failed)
Diamond
Galvanized?? (Failed)
Fortified
Invincible?? (Failed)
Sodalite?? (Failed)
Pyrite
Bauxite
Cinnabar
Sphalerite

So I don't know if there will be any problem with trying to get those mutations as well

Reactions: Bagman817

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno about the other 2, but galvanized is Tarnished + Cultivated, not Resilient + Cultivated. I bred a bunch in the past week, so it's definitely possible. Also make sure your mutators are being loaded correctly, there's a weird bug where they get messed up if you change dimensions or something.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Check the master apiarist in your creative, that's the most up to date guide. That bug happens not only if you change dimension, but also when you exit the game (in SSP), in that case your uranium/nether star won't be consumed.

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
Alvearies are bugged...I've noticed after long runs of pairings that my frames would stop wearing out. Remove a block, replace, and BINGO! It's working again. Even had one alveary with lighting with a bee not working at night and did the remove/replace fix.

If you have an alveary with 3 mutators filled with uranium and 3 frame housing with soul frames, you will get almost any mutation in 1-3 tries, max (make sure you are using the correct pairing). If you are not, reset the alveary.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
The Alveary Frame Housing bug is fixed in Extra Bees 1.5.6 which I don't think is in the newest packs yet I had to manually update, but once I did they work normally now.

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Mindcrack 8.2 and Direwolf 5.2 will have ExtraBees 1.5.0.6, hopefully that'll fix the issue. ...And generally an alveary with 2 mutators with uranium will guarantee your mutation, there are some that you need 3 to ensure mutation though. My mutation alveary has 3 mutators and 3 frame housings with chocolate frames, it's fast and doesn't fail. :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
In my last mindcrack world, I got a tropical by pairing a water bee with a meadows. It wasn't listed in the apiarist database when I did it, but it worked. Not sure if that was an undocumented mutation or a bug, but I did it twice. :)

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten Heroic. You HAVE to be in a forest biome. Took me awhile to figure that one out :D
Oh wow, thanks so much. Some 30 odd generations later, I finally search the forums to find this isn't a bug, lol. +1 internets for you!