[ExtraBees] Making Bees Tolerable to Normal Temp

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I've been messing around with my bees, trying to make each species the most productive workers. Now I also want to make all my bees able to work in a Normal/Normal biome and was wondering what serum, if any, I'd need to get bees like Modest, Wintry, and the Nether Bees to work in these biomes?

I have the following serums (some I don't know what they do):
Default Territory??
No Temp. Tol. (I'm unsure if this is the one I need or if it just removes the Up/Down/Both modifier)
No Humid. Tol. (Same as the temp one)
Both 1. Temp. Tol. (I know what this is but Both 1 won't be enough for Hellish bees unless if I want to work them in the desert)

So I was just curious if it's possible to get the species to work in Normal/Normal. Is there a serum I might be missing that would achieve this?

Thanks

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You can get BOTH_2 in both temperature and humidity from Rocky bees. With that, you can make every bee other than Nether bees work in a Normal/Normal biome

With an Alveary heater, or BOTH_3 from a Thaumic bee, you can work even Nether bees in Normal/Normal

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I think what you are asking is whether or not you can change the native environment of a bee (i.e. whether it prefers hot, cold, humid or arid, etc), rather than the tolerances of the bee.

Unfortunately, no, the environments are coded to the species (like the produce), and cannot be changed. The best that can be done is to make the bee more tolerant, for which the magical rocky natives are the ones that you want to be targeting.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the acclimatizer of extrabees to change the tolerances of a bee to BOTH_5. Since it's genetic you can then use those bees to extract a serum. That way any bee will work anywhere.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
You know I was thinking, what if I were to inoculate a meadows princess and drone with Sinister Species serum? Wouldn't the be retain all the traits of the meadows bee but the species changes?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
it would turn the bee into a sinister with all the temp and humidity preferences of a sinister. Plus, you would the horrible base traits of the meadows. It would be better to put your sinister in an acclimatizer or inoculate it with a tolerance serum.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
it would turn the bee into a sinister with all the temp and humidity preferences of a sinister. Plus, you would the horrible base traits of the meadows. It would be better to put your sinister in an acclimatizer or inoculate it with a tolerance serum.

My Meadows bees has the Fast/Nocturnal/Cave traits. They are not horrible bees :D

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Now someone mentioned you can get Both_5 out of the Acclimatizer. Is there a specific item or procedure to do this?

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
You use the acclimatizer until the bee reaches it. Best to start with a high tolerance bee and get a serum for that first though. Acclimatizer can take quite a while.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You would need to acclimatize both a princess and a drone to that tolerance.

Knowing that it requires an insane amount of items to reach even 3, 5 would mean lots of chests/barrels of the acclimatizing material, and run it non-stop for several days. Per bee.

To me, that doesn't seem like something I would want, even more when the alviaries and Both 2 can make any bee work in normal/normal, but tha's because I don't want to create stacks and stacks of ice, water, sand and lava.

Reactions: Deleted member 9204

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Only took me about an hour, using one machine, to turn a Both_1 to Both_5 on a drone and princess.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
It is a random chance to advance. I presume the odds worsen each level, so if you have the luck of the irish, you won't take long. However, if you have the luck of Murphy's law...seppuku might be your best bet. :eek:

Reactions: Guswut