ExtraBees : Any downside to overwriting bad Effect with a good one ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going down the Abominable Branch for goodies like TiC ores, Blaze Rods, and lava, and seeing how I do *not* like to be attacked by own bees nor have my cute little golems suffer from bee attacks, I wrote over the negative Effect trait with a good one.

So far, no problems and I'm hoping I won't have any problems. I'm happy to report my Infernal Bees are helping to keep my TC3 node purified ;-) I'll have to go down the Abominable Branch in the Nether ala

"Can only be bred in the Nether."

...but for now, I'm happy with my very much tamed and acclimated Infernal Bees.

AFAIK, what a bee produces and species mutation (how it can be bred into other bees) is determined entirely by the species and other traits don't matter. Is this correct ? Any reason *not* to write over negative traits other than time/resource and role-playing reasons ?

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK, what a bee produces and species mutation (how it can be bred into other bees) is determined entirely by the species and other traits don't matter. Is this correct ? Any reason *not* to write over negative traits other than time/resource and role-playing reasons ?

I can confirm this. Species is the only trait that affects mutation rates when you crossbreed. Generally it is more efficient to remove negative traits and add good traits at the end of the species tree or when you reach a bee you want to receive products from. This is because the traits on your bee are overwritten with default traits when your bee mutates and you obtain a new species.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
No problem :)

Glad you could decipher it, I am a little bit tired and don't feel like I am making the most comprehensive of sentences.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I'm using an infernal queen with no flowers as the auto-kill option in my soul shard mob farm setup, but for my breeding & production, removing the harmful effects is a priority, but you really only need 1 in an area with beatific (I've only bred up to imperial & industrious, haven't decided what to work towards next).

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Just keep a serum of the harmful effect lying around, you might want it in the future. :)