Extra Utilities + IC2

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Likely not; those things are weird as hell and barely recognize their own fertilizer(which I don't think would actually make them grow faster, unless the nutrition stat has such a benefit, which I doubt).

Reactions: nobutty

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Seems unlikely.

@YX33A its not insta-grow fertilizer, it works perfectly fine- along with those hydration cells.
Its not the easiest system to explain- in laymans terms
  • nutrition, hydration and purity add together to make some kind of "growth value" for crops.
  • normally this is dependant on biome, humidity, and altitude.
  • hydration cells and fertilizer boost this value.
  • If a crops "growth requirement" (water/nutrition/air needed) is greater than this value, the crop dies.
  • Each crop has a different base requirement for what it needs, and a different GGR value
  • GGR value (Growth speed, Gain/yield and Resistance [to damage/weeds])
  • Higher GGR values mean higher growth requirements- so advanced crops need a little help.
(Theres also very little info available on the wiki pages- theres a very in depth guide kicking about on here though)​

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Seems unlikely.

@YX33A its not insta-grow fertilizer, it works perfectly fine- along with those hydration cells.
Its not the easiest system to explain- in laymans terms
  • nutrition, hydration and purity add together to make some kind of "growth value" for crops.
  • normally this is dependant on biome, humidity, and altitude.
  • hydration cells and fertilizer boost this value.
  • If a crops "growth requirement" (water/nutrition/air needed) is greater than this value, the crop dies.
  • Each crop has a different base requirement for what it needs, and a different GGR value
  • GGR value (Growth speed, Gain/yield and Resistance [to damage/weeds])
  • Higher GGR values mean higher growth requirements- so advanced crops need a little help.
(Theres also very little info available on the wiki pages- theres a very in depth guide kicking about on here though)​
Oh I'm well aware of this info. It just changes very little to me.
Also you missed the downside to high Resistance Crops; they may be able to resist and ignore weeds, but they are great at spawning them as well. Growth is how fast it tends to go from one stage to the next. Gain is the Yield, which increases how much of a resource you get from the crop, also increases your chance to get a seed from it. Resistance you covered quite well, but missed the weed spreading side effect high high R values. They don't work super well outside of a Monoculture.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of which, we should get a guide to IC2 crops up... They are so damn awesome and so forgotten...

Reactions: nobutty