Extra Utilities Drum - Need Help

Hazardous

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make a drum take in only a certain liquid, kinda liek a jabba barrel where you shift right clicka dn it locks that "liquid" so that only it can go in?

If there is, thanks! :D if not.. guess I'll have to use ugly fluiducts :p instead of fluid conduits

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't think you could get more then one type of fluid in a Extra Utilities Barrel. I believe it locks itself once fluid is added. Though to be fair I have only used the fluiducts to connect them.

I.e. Add lava it becomes a lava drum

Reactions: RedBoss

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you mean EnderIO's fluid conduits, you can click on them with a filled bucket. Then the conduits are locked to this specific fluid and nothing else can go into the drum.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You cant lock them in. When you unfil it it will loose its properties

Use filter on the ducts you use to fill them

Hazardous

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you mean EnderIO's fluid conduits, you can click on them with a filled bucket. Then the conduits are locked to this specific fluid and nothing else can go into the drum.
Can other liquids pass through them though? Like lets say I have 3 drums, and the conduits are going in from the middle, and I have 3 liquids, lava water, and molten iron. Will I be able to make the iron go into the left drum if the middle drum is set to lava? because I had the same problem with the TE Fluiducts where they were set to a liquid, and ONLY that liquid could pass through them...[DOUBLEPOST=1400364401][/DOUBLEPOST]
Didn't think you could get more then one type of fluid in a Extra Utilities Barrel. I believe it locks itself once fluid is added. Though to be fair I have only used the fluiducts to connect them.

I.e. Add lava it becomes a lava drum

It only locks itself while there is liquid inside of it.
I'm using an automatic smeltery, with 13 drums, 1 for every molten liquid that is commonly mixed, and its auto-outputted into a casting basin thus commonly losing what liquid was inside of it, and just sitting inside of the casting basin waiting to be used.

I'm using ME for this now, but would be nice for another map I'm playing on ebecause I don't wanna cheat in the ME cause the conduits are all messed up lol.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You can put a pneumatic servo on a fluiduct that connects to drum. Set it to whitelist and set it with a bucket of liquid you want to let in.

Notice that the same fluiduct cannot act as output and input then. Fluid filter applies to all 6 sides of the block. (And that is difference between itemducts which can have multiple filters on same item)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking