Extra Utilities 2 Spikes need help!

R

RadicalSilver

Yo guys, so im playing sky factory 3 right now and i'm making an automatic mobfarm with the mob fans and the spikes. Now i wonder, because a hopper doesn't work under a spike, how else do i collect the items that get dropped after the mobs die?? somebody knows a way, and can explain me how and with what items??
Also, do you maybe know how to collect the xp of the mobs as well? I'm new to that terretory.
have a great day!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Bearing in mind that I don't know if any of these have been removed in SF3:

The Ranged Collector from Actually Additions works nicely for ranged pickup. It can also be filtered to only pick up certain items, if you want. Alternatively, the Ender Hopper from Dark Utilities.

As for XP, an XP vacuum hooked up to an Experience Obelisk (both from EnderIO) would be ideal; the Experience Solidifier from Actually Additions might also work, it has a 5 block radius.

R

RadicalSilver

So im indeed going for the AA ranged collector, seems good and i'm able to craft it right now, do you happen to know if it collects items TROUGH blocks? so i can put it under the spikes. Furthermore is there a specific cable you suggest is fine for the items to flow trough?
The xp part, im gonna leave off for now.
thanks!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
R

RadicalSilver

Alright, im gonna give it all a try with crafting etc. thanks for the comments ill leave another comment when im done if it does or does not work :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame