Extra bees & magic bees mutations for 1.5.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
In extra bees (Binnie mod with extra trees) for 1.5.2 and magic bees (thaumic bees) there are new bee species like apatine or their names have been changed in magic bees (tin for stannum, gold for auric, etc).

Does anyone of you knows if there is some wiki with new changed mutations for 1.5.2 ?

I'm having NEI addon which shows needed mutations for bees and trees.

I'm trying to mutate industrial with forest to get stannum and next mutate it with minium (i have this one) to get plumbum to eventually get auric bee.
But i can't get this mutation. I'm using alveary with 3 mutators filled with uranium.

I'm in vanilla plains biome and also using magic bees 2.0.2 and binnie's mod 1.7.b.

Maybe i can't mutate industrious with forest because i don't have aura nearby - because in thaumic bees stannum was called tin bee - but in ftb wiki

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Bee's sound a lot more complicated than I'd care to dive into.

Do you have to have these aura, to say get radioactive bees? I don't mind waiting for mutations, without having to deal with DNA. I can automate the breeding process and it will growth will be automated as well. It will be a more mechanical process because I don't have the patience for bees. (1.4.7)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
You can try the Escritoire to get info on how to mutate things, if you're really lucky and don't end up getting the same research notes over and over again.
Some mutation things changed, I believe, to require a block underneath the api/alveary. For example, I think you need a block of iron under the bee thing to get the iron bees.
HOWEVER, Magic Bees somehow broke everything and thus it's impossible to get mutations like that to work. So wait for a new version vOv

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
You can still get rusty bees, right? If so, what's the point of ferrous bees? Don't they do the same thing?

Anyway, I would like to see some updated info as well. The wiki states that Hazardous bees (From ExB) is an extinct species and unavailable in the game, but with the .8 WGT pack and the latest version of Extra bees it is indeed available.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
I also have the plugin and it says he same thing, I have not tryed to mutate them but if i ever do i will get back to you. Your best bet would probably be to try and get a hold of mysteriousages as he could possibly be the only one who could really be of any help

Just as A side note:
From what ive seen in 1.5.x it looks like there is the ferrous bee from magic bees, it produces iron nuggets (18% chance by default). There is also the rusty bee from extra bees, it produces iron combs (5% chance by default) which are 1/4 of an ingot as apposed to the 18% for 1/9 of an ingot from the ferrous bee. I worked it out and it would seem that the rusty bee just beats the ferrous bee (LIKE SERIOUSLY CLOSE) so which ever one you choose won really make a difference. Good Luck :D

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
You can try the Escritoire to get info on how to mutate things, if you're really lucky and don't end up getting the same research notes over and over again.
Some mutation things changed, I believe, to require a block underneath the api/alveary. For example, I think you need a block of iron under the bee thing to get the iron bees.

I didn't know that. I will try Escritoire and maybe i will succseed. Thx for help guys.

ThePokepika99

Jul 29, 2019
HOWEVER, Magic Bees somehow broke everything and thus it's impossible to get mutations like that to work. So wait for a new version vOv

I still don't get, how does this Escritoire works. :confused:

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
So I got my Windy bee's today, but having problems doing the mutation to Aura bee's ...

doing what the Escritoire notes say to do but they are just cycling as Windy straight =/, ahwell let it run overnight and see what happens.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Siro, Oblivion bees are deep in the ground, surrounded by End Stone in the Overworld, not sure on Biome type though I've only found about 4 hives of it total.

Also if anyone is having issue's with the Foundation mutation stuff, upgrade Magic Bee's to 2.0.5, there was some issue's with the logic behind it, that had to be fixed.

Reactions: Siro

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Siro, Oblivion bees are deep in the ground, surrounded by End Stone in the Overworld, not sure on Biome type though I've only found about 4 hives of it total.

Also if anyone is having issue's with the Foundation mutation stuff, upgrade Magic Bee's to 2.0.5, there was some issue's with the logic behind it, that had to be fixed.

Thanks!

Siro

Jul 29, 2019

Is there anymore information on this? I've max-quarried quite a few different biomes now as well as done a lot of cave exploration and manual quarrying and found nothing thus far. So this makes these hives far more rare than iridium, for example. I even quarried the nether and gotten several infernal princesses out of it (although I had found a couple manually digging around in the nether as well). Is it possible the oblivion hives do not spawn in the version of magic bees that ships with 152wgt? I did a test in a creative world and it is possible to spawn the bees in, so I know they exist and function normally...

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anymore information on this? I've max-quarried quite a few different biomes now as well as done a lot of cave exploration and manual quarrying and found nothing thus far. So this makes these hives far more rare than iridium, for example. I even quarried the nether and gotten several infernal princesses out of it (although I had found a couple manually digging around in the nether as well). Is it possible the oblivion hives do not spawn in the version of magic bees that ships with 152wgt? I did a test in a creative world and it is possible to spawn the bees in, so I know they exist and function normally...
Which version is shipped with 152wgt?
In the newest version of Magic Bees (2.1.0), Oblivion hives spawn in the end, or in biomes categorized as Magical according to the BiomeDictionary. In the end the best way to find them is to fly below the end main land and look up. If you see obsidian, the hive will be above it.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Which version is shipped with 152wgt?
In the newest version of Magic Bees (2.1.0), Oblivion hives spawn in the end, or in biomes categorized as Magical according to the BiomeDictionary. In the end the best way to find them is to fly below the end main land and look up. If you see obsidian, the hive will be above it.

Not sure which version, but the End was definitely the place to look. Found a bunch immediately. Thank you very much!