Extra Bees and RedPower, a look at automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Junithorn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, I've been messing around in the mindcrack pack with automating bees. Since Extra Bees adds TONS of valuable rewards from bee breeding I figured I might as well automate the process. I honestly do not like BC pipes and absolutely love RP. Unfortunately RP pipes have some strange interactions with apiaries. Here is my workaround and finished apiary automation system.

Alveary automation coming soon.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am impressed. How does it deal with extra drones though? After one enters the apiary is there additional pipe under there that takes it to the sorting machines in the middle that they go to automatically? Just wondering if it is smart enough to have the drones continue on the pipes or if you have a different way of dealing with the drones after the apiary gets it's drone. I have been avoiding them since I like automating things, but don't like to use BC pipes because of how messy they can be. I'm guessing there isn't a way to get frames into apiaries this way or did you not want to deal with them?

Junithorn

Jul 29, 2019
There is absolutely no way to get frames into the apiaries sadly, that's why I'm moving on to alveary automation. In regards to the extra drones, they are sent through a filter at the end of each row of sorting machines that colours them grey to be taken to the gene pools.

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
At one point in the video, in the background, there was some smoke spiraling out of the top of a smokestack.

What was that?

Awesome video by the way man :) Very inspiring.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Just... Wow, mate, that's amazing! I'm fairly good with vanilla bees, I know nothing about extrabees but this video motivated me to start trying to get into this mod. Where have you learned the basics? Any youtube good tutorials?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it'd really be nice if extra bees would get some sort of actual documentation very soon, right now it's quite a huge question mark.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know, that routers are capable of filling the frames in. Sengirs stance is, that the inability to insert frames via pipes/tubes is a feature.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of a sorter have you played with the manager? Not sure how it would interact with the bees since RP does have some weirdness with it. If it works might be interesting to create a self managed bee hive network.

Mind you I have zero bee knowledge and limited RP knowledge so I might be talking out my nooby butt.

Reactions: Spikednate12

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Routers are not allowed on the server I'm on due to them crashy crashy a lot.
I've never seen a router-related crash, and I have loads of them. Regardless, try the GregTech Advanced Buffers which can also output items to a specific numbered slot. Attaching three to each apiary might be a challenge with all the other piping.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen a router-related crash, and I have loads of them. Regardless, try the GregTech Advanced Buffers which can also output items to a specific numbered slot. Attaching three to each apiary might be a challenge with all the other piping.

man that would look ugly :D

Ecuvaro

Jul 29, 2019
This System looks very nice...maybe i'll copy it on my server :)
I learned really fast how to get good bees (i already knew the "vanilla" Forestry combinations) and the database helped
but i'm always bad at automate the bees and i think this could be very nice if i get enough BC-power for all the Machines :)