Explosions Everywhere?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I started playing and like, when I got to a certain point it started raining (like, when I got my first pulverizer), but the raining started getting frequent, and I heard storms with explosions (which is completely normal at minecraft lol), and I tought that was normal.

But sometimes randomly I get just a explosion BOOM! from nowhere. Obviously from the rain, but it's quite strange since it is not raining.

Is this normal? Is it because I am playing with too many machinery or something?

(horizons 1.6.4)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I have two guesses:
1. If you have PneumatiCraft, you might have a colony of creeper plants near your base. They explode when they reach maturity, but don't damage blocks.
2. Probably a stupid question, but are you certain that the explosion sounds you hear during rain are not lightning strikes?

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
I have two guesses:
1. If you have PneumatiCraft, you might have a colony of creeper plants near your base. They explode when they reach maturity, but don't damage blocks.
2. Probably a stupid question, but are you certain that the explosion sounds you hear during rain are not lightning strikes?

(1) I didn't started using that mod yet
(2) actually thats what I meant but I couldn't find the word

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
(1) I didn't started using that mod yet
(2) actually thats what I meant but I couldn't find the word
(1) For one thing, PneumatiCraft plants are part of worldgen, and will propagate themselves even if you ignore them entirely. Some people find this annoying, so MineMaarten reworked the system so you don't need the plants anymore. But that's in 1.7.10; in 1.6.4, you could certainly have a colony of creeper plants periodically exploding near your base even if you haven't touched PneumatiCraft at all. But I don't remember if that mod's in Horizons or not off the top of my head.

(2) So... you occasionally hear lightning strikes near your base during the day? Did I understand that correctly?
The only things I know of that can cause lightning are thunderstorms, GregTech lightning rods (not in Horizons), Twilight Forest portals (when opened), Redstone Arsenal flux-infused tools when empowered (probably not in Horizons), Destabilized Redstone when drunk through an MFR Straw (Thermal Foundation is probably not in Horizons, so I doubt that's your problem), and certain Blood Magic rituals.

Are you on a server where another player is doing stuff with Blood Magic?

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
I am indeed on a server (aternos), but since my friends can't play, I'm pretty much alone.

Well this rain thing stopped but explosions kept coming, but I think I know what it is:

KM4EUwU.png

It was never there before, I have found some others before around my house but only now I get it what it is.

BTW it started even before I used Ars Magica 2 D: (way before, I only started using now lol)

well that's a relief, but these lighting strikes weren't. Altough thinking now it wasn't much of them (not that big of deal).

But thanks guys!

Last edited:

aluminium

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I started playing and like, when I got to a certain point it started raining (like, when I got my first pulverizer), but the raining started getting frequent, and I heard storms with explosions (which is completely normal at minecraft lol), and I tought that was normal.

But sometimes randomly I get just a explosion BOOM! from nowhere. Obviously from the rain, but it's quite strange since it is not raining.

Is this normal? Is it because I am playing with too many machinery or something?

(horizons 1.6.4)

You might have a Flaxbeard's Steam Power boiler system. They will make explosions when they are overloaded with coal and other burnable things with the tank filled of steam.

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
no.... I only used the normal thermal expansion generator

btw I'm not playing horizons anymore 2boring4me

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
ha I think I am missing something lololo

Ever felt the mad compulsion to use a wand of equal trade to replace every block of someone's house with tnt then ring their doorbell?
Ever used explosives to launch a herd of cows through a gigantic nether portal just because you could?!
Ever drowned a village in oil then lit it because you knew it was the right thing to do?!
Ever accidentally dug into a gascraft gas pocket and heard a nagging voice telling you to ignite it?

Once you do these things, you will understand...