Explosion of machines - IC2

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

B0mber

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know what happens but no machine explodes, no matter what "voltage" I call (32EU/512EU/2048EU) nehuma explodes machine that was updated or what can explain me?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
In IC2 experimental (1.6.4 stuff) machine and wire explosions have been disabled because the dev(s) are still working on the system and/or it is somewhat buggy (wires can transfer mostly unlimited power for example)

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I think you have to try to process something for it to blow up. Try putting cobblestone in your electric furnace or whatever machine it is.

securitywyrm

Jul 29, 2019
My concern is that if they disable it, and people build their systems, they're an update away from their systems exploding.

The new system adds voltage instead of treating voltage as packets. So two batboxes on a power line make it 64 EU/tick rather than two sets of 32. This makes sense but it also makes it difficult to wire a base, and one can expect transformers and batboxes to be far more needed in the next version.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My concern is that if they disable it, and people build their systems, they're an update away from their systems exploding.

The new system adds voltage instead of treating voltage as packets. So two batboxes on a power line make it 64 EU/tick rather than two sets of 32. This makes sense but it also makes it difficult to wire a base, and one can expect transformers and batboxes to be far more needed in the next version.
There will be no more updates for 1.6 based MC. The .397 that modpacks like Monster and DW20 is using is the last 1.6 version the team made before porting the mod to 1.7. So you dont need to worry about things going wrong all of a sudden due to updates.

Also there is really no such thing as voltage any more in IC2E, just different tiers of current(Ampere) capable equipment. It does make the system easier to understand, but it does mean you have to design your power networks more like RL networks.

But in all honesty its fairly simple, just don't put any more energy storages outputting to a network than the cable/machines are rated for. Set up stuff in tiers of 32, 128 and 512EU/t with corresponding cables so you are never mistaken, And just like in your house you must make use of several parallel lines of power. IC2 have for ages had the possibility to dye cables to avoid them connecting and better organising them. This is really handy now.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Larsque

Jul 29, 2019
Machines explode if not provided with correct amount of energy they require to function with. Too much equivalents explosion, too little is equivalent of slow process.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Machines explode if not provided with correct amount of energy they require to function with. Too much equivalents explosion, too little is equivalent of slow process.
So much derp...
Also it is the E-Net for the exact name of why it is off.