Exploration, treasure, and Adventure in FTB.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Mojang's isn't technically a mod ...
Yep, but they did take the piston mod, and I don't know many modders that would not like their mod to be included as part of vanilla.

Well, at least the vanilla villagers now have a purpose, other than spawning iron golems, and some mods hook into that fake trading system.

Reactions: Whovian

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
I completely forgot about Millenaire! It's been ages since last I added it to a world.

I'm very interested in Better Dungeons. Pre 1.2.7, I had installed in every world.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, but they did take the piston mod, and I don't know many modders that would not like their mod to be included as part of vanilla.

I can assure you that merely based upon human nature, a vast majority of modders would be overjoyed to have their mod included in vanilla MineCraft. That said, there is a bunch of vanilla content that, I'd say, should really not have ever even been added and should have, instead, been left for modders to add.

MineCraft is a wonderful platform, and could be so much more (and will be, hopefully!) when the demand for new content can start to be truly satisfied by the community.

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
I have Millenaire working with Pams mods, better dungeons, and Ruins.

Code:
//New ids for 3.0
block_building_id=1415block_panel_id=1416block_wood_id=1417block_earth_id=1418block_stone_id=1419block_crops_id=1420block_panes_id=1421block_byzantine_brick_id=1422block_byzantine_slab_id=1423block_byzantine_mixedbrick_id=1424

and this in config custom
//Config
//Keys to use for the village and quest listings
village_list_key=i
quest_list_key=o

Better Dungeons
config.prop
#First block ID
blockID = 1110

When I tried battle towers I had weird input lag.

Every mod that adds random generation adds a big lag to generating new chunks but it works fine once the chunks are generated everything loads alright, no extra FPS loss for me.

Angry zombies and thaumcraft tree's still spawn ok.

Millenaire needs a patch copied into the millenaire folder for extrabiomes, the patch is actually called biomes o'plenty support.zip can be found under user created content at the top of the list on millenaires homepage.

I haven't figured out if there's a way to get better dungeons to spawn in non-vanilla biomes. Ruins can be configured to do that if you copy the individual ruins to the folders that match extra biomes.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely enough, they don't need that patch anymore.

Or at least, most villages and cultures already have the biomes support for the biomes that makes sense in the extra biomes XL.

Reactions: runlvlzero

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to mention one of my favorite mods, as small as it may be, WildCaves3 maintained by Alexmania. You have mods adding all sorts of life above ground, why not add a little life to your cave systems?

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Mo' Creatures has not given permissions.
No, but that's not what the OP and this discussion is about.
I put in Mo's creatures but had a heck of a time figuring out the spawn configs. Ended up taking it off because I couldn't get it to play nice with vanilla creatures and extrabiomesXL. If anybody has that figured out, I'd like to get some guidance in that regards.
I've added Dungeonpack and Wild Caves 3 to my FTB. Dungeonpack has some cool towers and dungeons and Wild Caves add stalagtites/stalagmites and glowing fungi, etc. It creates a more interesting cave system.

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to add the better dungeons but whenever i enter a dungeon I get a ticking entity crash. And you dont need to use the installer for milinere. Ive never used it lol