Exception Ticking World? Are you crashing? 30/10/2013 crashes? FIX HERE - READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Users!

So, I've been seeing a lot of these crashes recently and I do know what the issue is and there is a fix!

There is an Easter Egg in IC2 and unfortunately it is not working with the other mods in certain modpacks. Direwolf20/YogPack/Unleashed are the most common ones!

To fix this issue you will need to do TWO things in your server.properties file:
1. Spawn monsters sets to "false"
2. Difficulty set to "0"

This will set your server to not spawn any mobs/hostile mobs which is causing the ticket entity error. You will need to have this set for the next 48 hours until Halloween passes.

Even though this crash is not related to Railcraft, this can fix your issues as well:

You can turn off Season Module from Railcraft from the modules.cfg in the config folder. Works both for server and client.

Another alternative is to set your date/time on your computer/machine to something that isn't halloween - that is not very optimal for servers, so please use option 1.

This is the stack trace provided from the error/crash. If you do not have a crash/error report and you are still crashing, try this fix any way.

1. ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
  2. // Why is it breaking :(
  3. Time: 10/30/13 2:09 PM
  4. Description: Exception ticking world
  5. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
  6. at ic2.core.IC2.onLivingSpecialSpawn(IC2.java:2270)
  7. at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_29_IC2_onLivingSpecialSpawn_LivingSpecialSpawnEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
  8. at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
  9. at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
  10. at net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.doSpecialSpawn(ForgeEventFactory.java:52)
  11. at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:245)
  12. at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:187)
  13. at in.b(WorldServer.java:162)
  14. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:669)
  15. at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
  16. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
  17. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
  18. at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
  19. Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
  20. at ic2.core.IC2.onLivingSpecialSpawn(IC2.java:2268)
  21. ... 12 more

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Also, really glad you caught this. Made a nice simple macro for the help desk, since there's nothing tech support or the modpack teams can do about it.

Eric Lord

Jul 29, 2019
I tried setting "B:seasonal=false" in the /railcraft/modules.cfg. It's still crashing on startup. I'm not running a server, can you tell me where I can find my server.properties file? I'm running on Windows 7 if that helps with the pathing.

Attachments

• crash-2013-10-30_21.11.49-server.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 86

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I tried setting "B:seasonal=false" in the /railcraft/modules.cfg. It's still crashing on startup. I'm not running a server, can you tell me where I can find my server.properties file? I'm running on Windows 7 if that helps with the pathing.

Post your own thread.
Edit: Your server.prop file is where ever your server is. It's in the same folder. (This is for everyone's knowledge)
Edit: Change your game to peaceful. Stops the mobs from spawning.

Reactions: IndecentIronman

Knoxy

Jul 29, 2019
Can You Help Me?
I disabled the Season Module From Railcraft Modules but i still keep getting the crash report on my single player game. I was trying to install some mods into the yogcraft mod pack but it bugged it out somehow and wouldn't load, so i re-installed the whole mod pack but now it lets me get into the title menu but when i start a new world it crashes, so i tired installing the whole ftb launcher again and i still get the same crash error. I'm not sure what to do now??

Attachments

• crash-2013-10-31_16.35.36-server.txt
    13 KB · Views: 70

Eric Lord

Jul 29, 2019
When I set my game to "Peaceful", it loaded fine. I'm guessing there's a section of bugged out code that only runs on Halloween. I'm hoping I can go back to "Non-Peaceful" on Nov 1st?

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
When I set my game to "Peaceful", it loaded fine. I'm guessing there's a section of bugged out code that only runs on Halloween. I'm hoping I can go back to "Non-Peaceful" on Nov 1st?

Trick or treat taken too far, amiright?

IndecentIronman

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, setting my difficulty to Peaceful worked for me as well. Strange...

Any idea when an alternate, more permanent solution might arise? I don't want to be bound to Peaceful...

Elephant

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to know, I've been struggling to get things working the past couple days and turning it to peaceful is the only thing that does it so far. Any way to just disable whatever "special" mob is spawning and play normally?[DOUBLEPOST=1383252468][/DOUBLEPOST]Just tried changing my calendar to a month from now and I can play with mobs now. I'm assuming the little seasonal period continues a bit after Halloween so I jumped ahead to be on the safe side. So to anyone trying to wait it out, here's a "fix", kind of.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to know, I've been struggling to get things working the past couple days and turning it to peaceful is the only thing that does it so far. Any way to just disable whatever "special" mob is spawning and play normally?[DOUBLEPOST=1383252468][/DOUBLEPOST]Just tried changing my calendar to a month from now and I can play with mobs now. I'm assuming the little seasonal period continues a bit after Halloween so I jumped ahead to be on the safe side. So to anyone trying to wait it out, here's a "fix", kind of.

That was already posted in Luke's OP.

Edit: the permanent solution to this is to wait until tomorrow.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
Uh...all Railcraft does is add a cart that spawns monsters, that crash references only IC2 code.

The cart should only be an issue if you craft one. And its available all year around in the Creative Inventory, but the recipe is only added during October/November.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Uh...all Railcraft does is add a cart that spawns monsters, that crash references only IC2 code.

The cart should only be an issue if you craft one. And its available all year around in the Creative Inventory, but the recipe is only added during October/November.

I wasn't blaming you CovertJaguar - from my findings I found a couple of fixes (which included changing Railcraft configs). I apologise if I came across that I was blaming you, I'm not a developer, I just debug things and try to find fixes.

I've been trying for days to find developers about this and it was like finding a needle in a haystack - thank you for dropping a message on this thread so I actually know what is causing the error now.

I'll make an edit to the main thread.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't blaming you CovertJaguar - from my findings I found a couple of fixes (which included changing Railcraft configs). I apologise if I came across that I was blaming you, I'm not a developer, I just debug things and try to find fixes.

I've been trying for days to find developers about this and it was like finding a needle in a haystack - thank you for dropping a message on this thread so I actually know what is causing the error now.

I'll make an edit to the main thread.
I just parrot what I've been told. I can't debug that well yet. :)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, when we say something is off-limits, that means stop posting it. In this case, modifications to closed-source code.

Because Omegagrim could not fathom that, he now has a week vacation from the forum.

Reactions: Flipz
Status
Not open for further replies.