Exception in server tick loop Server Error

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Quantum

Jan 23, 2020
Just started to get this error after restarting my SkyFactory 3 server

Attachments

• crash-2020-01-23_00.45.16-server.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
The file islands.json is corrupted - if you're the only player on the server and you're living at the first island - just remove the current file and let the server recreate a new one - and then it should be OK.

If it's a server where you have more players, restore the islands.json file from any of the backups.

Quantum

Jan 23, 2020
The file islands.json is corrupted - if you're the only player on the server and you're living at the first island - just remove the current file and let the server recreate a new one - and then it should be OK.

If it's a server where you have more players, restore the islands.json file from any of the backups.

It is a server for more players and I tried both suggestions, can I try anything else to fix this.

Attachments

• crash-2020-01-23_17.58.49-server.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 39

Kratzwurst

Jan 23, 2020
what u can try as server admin and player is :
LagGoggles

u can with this mod see which block have to high tickrate.
if is over 500+ or some more, look at this. when u say it it's fine it's be okay, if makes 10 poeple the same problem, it's be terrible and not good for your server.
make this in the bases and in your's.
Can't it be helped out, is your island for the graveyard :(

Kratzwurst

Jan 23, 2020
yeah i know, he can check the map offline in SP which block was terrible ;)

EDIT: What i see in the log is, he have not enough ram allocate.
which means, 3GB was not enough for some modpacks on 1.10.x needs 4 or more of GB to load up

Last edited:

Quantum

Jan 23, 2020
Nothing was working so I started a new server and just brought over the old "world" folder and that fixed my problem don't know exactly what was wrong.
Thanks for the suggestions though

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
It is a server for more players and I tried both suggestions, can I try anything else to fix this.
The latest crash still indicates that the islands.json was corrupted.

The server needs to be turned off while replacing the file from backup, and if one of the backups of that file didn't work, try one older - and keep going.

Nothing was working so I started a new server and just brought over the old "world" folder and that fixed my problem don't know exactly what was wrong.
Thanks for the suggestions though

When you only brought over the world folder you didn't get the islands.json with you = same thing as removing the file (while the server is turned off), - so the solution I posted initially is still valid.
(the file is stored in ../config/islands.json)

If the players on your server had their own islands, then you might want to get a working copy from one of the backups - if you all played on the spawn island - then you don't have to worry about the file.