Ex Astris - I may have done something wrong? - User Error.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Been working on a modpack (still pre-alpha), and wanted to add in the AutoSieve and AutoHammer. Installed Ex Astris, and everything loads with no crashes - but those two items have no crafting recipes. They are enabled in the CFG file, so I'm not sure what I need to do.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I believe that the 1.7.10 version needs cofhcore if you want them to be craftable. Maybe something similar is happening here?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If it's about the crafting recipes, I guess thermal foundation would be the actual mod needs, right? (Which needs CoFHCore for itself ofc, but still...)

Reactions: lenscas

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Will check on those. I didn't see anything listed under 'Dependencies', which is why I was confused.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yes - CoFHCore and Thermal Foundation together got it to show up - I wasn't expecting 'vanilla' recipes, but I was kind of expecting recipes internal to Ex Nihilo/Ex Astris.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You could probably write your own recipes with MineTweaker. :)

Probably, but it turns out I still need Thermal Dynamics to power the autosieve, so I might as well keep Thermal Foundation. :D Pack creation is a bit of a rabbit-hole.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Probably, but it turns out I still need Thermal Dynamics to power the autosieve, so I might as well keep Thermal Foundation. :D Pack creation is a bit of a rabbit-hole.

There are lots of other mods that create store and use RF. I assume that Ex Astris includes the RF API, so you should be able to use the autosieves with some other RF mod as well (EnderIO, Buildcraft, Mekanism?).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There are lots of other mods that create store and use RF. I assume that Ex Astris includes the RF API, so you should be able to use the autosieves with some other RF mod as well (EnderIO, Buildcraft, Mekanism?).

Oh, I've got my power mod, and it has a way to convert power to RF - what it didn't seem to have is cables that the Autosieve/hammer liked. Thermal Dynamics will give me the ducts without providing progression-breaking alternatives