Open Server Evolvecraft FTB Unleashed- Essentials - Towny - Mcmmo - Lwc - Jobs - NoLag - 24/7 - No Griefing -

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

ChronicKills

Jul 29, 2019
For those that can't understand what No-Griefing /Raiding means.... this means areas inside of Towns and protected chests... if you Build out in the WILD-PVP unclaimed area without claiming a town and get attacked, that is allowed...Make sense? Towny and lockette are installed for a reason.

Where does it say that? Where in the rules does it say that griefing is allowed but not in towns. Griefing means destroying something that someone else owns.

Screw this server. I love being griefed and staff like oh well not in a town, Might as well change what griefing means on the spot so I don't have to do work.

XD_Dylan

Jul 29, 2019
Will I accomplish anything on the FTB today......let's just assume I will parkour thru the spawn for a bit then ...you know what that is all that I want to do :D

SirStompsalot

Jul 29, 2019
After playing on this server a few days, I've come to one saddening conclusion:

It's not worth it.

I've voiced some concerns and shared my frustrations with the playerbase, but as far as I know it has fallen on deaf ears. The majority of my criticism is based on how poorly the server is configured:
  • Clearlag, while an effective plugin, is included in this servers plugins list. Like many other servers, its plagued by a poor configuration and as such removes boats, microblocks, stevescarts and minecarts (such as those that would be found in mineshafts if CL didn't remove them).
  • Lockette, also an effective plugin when configured properly, protects only (as far as I can determine it) the vanilla configured blocks, meaning that anyone can take the tome out of your infuser (something I've heard repeatedly on this server) etc.
  • Theft is a huge problem on this server, and the staff seem to be ludicrously reliant on the ineffective plugin Coreprotect... when it gives any data at all. Which is rarely.
Additinally:
  • A recently promoted "head admin" meanders about the server snooping through players chests, which of course causes an alert to display in chat. Which wouldn't be so bad if this staff member didn't hide behind the "it's my job" statement, and no effort has been made as far as I can tell to resolve it.
  • Similarly, this staff member has been repeatedly using /broadcast to try to garner donations for the server under the guise that the server will go down if they don't make enough donations to keep it up. All well and good, but as far as I see it I see staff extending their arm for handouts while being ill-equipped to improve the server, or even make it work properly.
  • When anyone seems to express concerns about staff performance, or even in general about the server they are met with hostility, or warned to respect the staff. However, in my opinion these staff (save two, a delightful PhantomRage and McyD) have yet to do anything to earn player respect - and due to concerns expressed above, have lost all respect they had by default.
  • The owner of the server has been MIA since I joined - which is concerning since it opened this month. When I inquired about it, I was told the majority of the staff were handling a major change with their vanilla/bukkit server (not clear which). Further inquires about who would manage the server fell on deaf ears.
Albeit harsh, I am hoping someone will see this feedback and react to it. On a positive note, the people on this server are fairly rad, the performance is exceptionally good thus far, and restarts/downtime is few & far between. I encourage anyone to take my criticism with a grain of salt and join, but I will be looking elsewhere - the entire experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.

ChronicKills

Jul 29, 2019
-Cutting to reduce the amount of text-

So true. LWC is far better. Can lock everything just need to give an ID. My biggest problem was the fact that it says "No griefing" but then after grief the staff says "That only applies to towns"
So "No griefing" means go ahead and grief the blocks that are impossible to protect with this shitty lockette as long as it isn't in a town. "Griefing is allowed ONLY in the wild" is what it should be written as. I put all day multiple days into this server to lose everything due to crappy staffing.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it is common practices on many open servers to have mods and admins check chest to try and prevent griefing.

Yes clear-lagg has issues and it is an issue with the plugin itself and not the config, as you can easily see if you read the plugins overview page at bukkit. We are waiting for the next version, like everyone else, so we can fix it.

The donations, and vote requests are auto-broadcast with a plugin that only the owner can change. If you have not seen the owner then that is just the time you and he are on do not coincidence as I see him on every day or so.

Also you have to remember that the server has only bit up a very short time about 2 weeks... yes there are things to still work on, such as some of the plugin bugs. But that is more an issue of the massive amounts of updating that minecraft has been going through and the plugin authors not able to keep up with bug fixes, than anything the server staff can influence.

ChronicKills

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it is common practices on many open servers to have mods and admins check chest to try and prevent griefing.

Yes clear-lagg has issues and it is an issue with the plugin itself and not the config, as you can easily see if you read the plugins overview page at bukkit. We are waiting for the next version, like everyone else, so we can fix it.

The donations, and vote requests are auto-broadcast with a plugin that only the owner can change. If you have not seen the owner then that is just the time you and he are on do not coincidence as I see him on every day or so.

Also you have to remember that the server has only bit up a very short time about 2 weeks... yes there are things to still work on, such as some of the plugin bugs. But that is more an issue of the massive amounts of updating that minecraft has been going through and the plugin authors not able to keep up with bug fixes, than anything the server staff can influence.

autobroadcaster doesn't say [Broadcast], and its only when a staff is online. When there was none online it never said it while staff online it said it hourly. Don't say it was automatic when it wasn't. Broadcaster plugins now CAN be edited in game not just config.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
maybe if it was autobroadcaster but that is not the plugin used, it is automessage, and while both can be edited in-game, only if you have the perms to do so...

hillbillyassasn

Jul 29, 2019
After playing on this server a few days, I've come to one saddening conclusion:

It's not worth it.

Had to come check this thread out again, I see a player that didnt listen to my warning. Staff that doesn't do anything, Players that grief/steal, and the constant begging of donations ran this server into the ground. The OP claimed there are no banned items but chunkloaders, "havent looked at the first post since I last posted" but its gotten to the point where NO ONE knows what is banned and what isnt. Hell you can see on their forum post http://evolvecraft.com/forum/m/3053123/viewthread/8415677-ftb-unleashed-banned-item-list That this staff memeber has absolutely no clue on what is banned and what isnt. There are sooooooo many other servers out there sooooo much better than this one, I suggest all players to move right along and find a different one.

Edit...Going back looking at the first post, the owner is STILL claiming the only items banned are chunkloaders. This is an absolute lie, this thread needs to be locked/removed for blatant lying.

I have now reported that this thread should be locked or edited, due to the lying on the first post.

stephen92

Jul 29, 2019
lol due to lying? its called I haven't updated the thread yet as we are switching mod packs which I will then be updating it, go waste someone elses time please.

stephen92

Jul 29, 2019
We are now direwolf20, you need to add this as a private pack and login with it. Iwanttorestartmyworld

the ban list will be updated shortly!

hillbillyassasn

Jul 29, 2019
lol due to lying? its called I haven't updated the thread yet as we are switching mod packs which I will then be updating it, go waste someone elses time please.
Like how you waste peoples time on your server? Claiming all this stuff, then flat out lying? Btw I see you finally put a no refund disclaimer up. Hahaha, It was quite the thrill to read.

REFUND POLICY: You agree that you are paying for DIGITAL items. and as such, there will be NO refunds. What follows is our procedure on disputes. 1. Dispute opened, we receive notfication 2. We respond to your dispute as soon as we possibly can, and attempt to resolve it by either fixing your rank, or helping you with whatever else may be the problem. (Most people are done here, but what follows is the process for people who are more difficult. 3. You decline our offer and persist to leave the dispute open. 4. We contact you once again letting you know that if the dispute is closed in your favor, that we will have a collection agency notified to collect the funds, with an added $200 administrative fee due to the trouble. We will also notify your local police department for fraud, and will pursue this to the fullest extent of the law as necessary. As the amount of money you have sent likely is not worth this to you, I simply suggest that you help us stay online and just leave the money alone. PRIVACY POLICY: All data that is collected, emails, names, in-game usernames, etc. Will NEVER be sold or given out to anybody, they will be kept private for sole usage in our records.
Going to the cops huh? All one has to say is "My kid did it without me knowing" Boom, useless, cant get them for fraud. Your collection agency threat is useless as well, with the use of a credit card company having said that the donator was in the right, any attempt to collect a debt that you are NOT owed could be classified as harassment. You are very lucky that you banned me, cause I would take an alt account and show you that your threat is harmless barking. You are just lucky I went through my bank rather than my credit card, when going through paypay, or else you would of had to fork over the entire refund. Btw the way nice touch on the enjin chargeback flag you gave me" it slowed me down for about a half of second, even though YOU were the one entirely in the wrong.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Also as a moderator, as part of the staff, I posted the ban list... And I stated it was not complete as it is in a state of change, not as in I didn't know what is banned or not.

hillbillyassasn

Jul 29, 2019
Also as a moderator, as part of the staff, I posted the ban list... And I stated it was not complete as it is in a state of change, not as in I didn't know what is banned or not.
And your full of crap aswell. And I quote YOU

"I might be missing a few items and this is of course subject to change." Using the word might, you are not even sure of what is banned.