EvE discussion moved from "What have you discovered"?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
yep goonies been at it for quite some time. been there when bob fell. it was very sad to see them go like that, i ran with an indy corp that produced goods for them. as for never playing eve because of that...you have to realize ccp actually WANTS and encourages this behaviour. The scamming, looting, pirating, spying, corp/alliance takeovers,hijacking of big expensive stuff...its all part of the game ;) you have to take risks, you have to learn the hard way what to do and what to avoid. as for safe space? read on....

theres a new faction gaining some ground called CODE. these guys are like a real life mafia, charging people for 'licenses' to mine and run goods thru certain choke points in eve. They love to gank new people that didnt 'buy a license' to mine or fly a freighter through their 'territory' (again, hi-sec choke points with slow response times from Concordokkens). very annoying and they actively spam any channels they can get anyone to listen to with their propaganda. and honestly, i dont think paying them (ive witnessed some people actually doing it) even matters. and then they get all excited and show off their shiny new killmails of some 2 day old pilot mining in a noobship. problem is every time they 'enforce' their code, concord police responds in kind with their own justice hammers and blow them out of the sky. And now they are starting to target the incursion runners, especially when they are transporting their ships to the next incursion area...those guys run multiple 2-5bil isk ships ( i have several as well) and its a bit of a nag having these guys camping out the hisec choke points

right now, the safest space is null sec. join an aliance that lives in null, and run with them. trust me. its a LOT more fun (and rewarding) than dealing with the constant drama going on in hisec. at least you know who your friends are ;)

The scary thing is not that someone is doing that in high security space.

The scary thing is that a group was looking at doing exactly that at about one year into EvE's life, realized that they could (exploiting bugs in the response of the AI police ships to get away with it), and I don't remember why they decided not to.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know much about that since my first toon was created in 2008 (right around the graphical update expansion)...but i *do* remember goons starting something similar with the hulkageddons. At least they didnt claim that you had to pay to mine. I had to mine thru a couple years of that and have to say..im pretty impressed i only lost 1 hauler in the process. I did witness many others losing much to it tho, and had to escape a few attempts myself. Im one of those that would rather fit a hulk for combat or fast exits, not for mining bonuses ;). man did goons wreck a lot of ships tho, the killboards were full of many hundreds and thousands of exhumer and transport kills

i took a long break tho, and came back to find the entire mining system was revamped. ore holds on all the mining ships (50k m3 on a freakin mining frigate? are you kidding me?) and the orca all of a sudden became a badass solo mining ship (if you can afford the isk to buy some very expensive mining drones). rorqual got redefined too..no more industry lanes (and no more compressed ore blueprints) so instant compression on demand, which is pretty cool. I have one but now i have to train a whole new set of skills to fit all the new modules needed, never mind the billions of isk needed for the excavator drones. and never mind that you *really* need to be in a nullsec alliance to fly one because running a rorq in empire lo-sec..well. thats just free isk to anyone who happens to roll by. same could happen in null, but at least youll have someone to back you up just in case, and with fair warning ;)

then again, the idea of hi-sec ganking has never gotten old, it happens regardless. now someone has taken it a step further and created a cult around it. New Eden Scientology perhaps? ;)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I recognize BoB and Goonies from Empires. What's interesting is that they're from totally different backgrounds. BoB goes back as far as Beta, with a strong best-of-the-best elitism mindset. Goonies (and GoonSwarm) are just helpful people who know how to train people, even with their outcast status.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk