EU2 Enchanter not working. .... Am I doing something wrong??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I got more than enough blocks set up for it, and it is powered as well with a wireless crystal.

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong here? I am trying to make some enchanted metal.

Attachments

• 2018-01-17_10.55.07.png
    2018-01-17_10.55.07.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 611

Tombe0

Jul 29, 2019
It really depends on how many speed upgrades you got in there. Also, 15 bookshelves are enough for full bonus and the enchanter is rather picky. I personally use 2 Botania mana pylons (those provide 15 levels worth each)

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
It really depends on how many speed upgrades you got in there. Also, 15 bookshelves are enough for full bonus and the enchanter is rather picky. I personally use 2 Botania mana pylons (those provide 15 levels worth each)

Right now I got zero speed upgrades in it. It takes 22 in my test world with no apparent gp requirement. I've tried various configurations, and I got bupkis on my live world.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013

2018-01-17_17.54.38.png 2018-01-17_17.54.43.png

That's the minimum to get it to work. That's 23 bookshelves. This is on my test world.

I'll have to do some tests, cause stuff being really wonky :(

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've just spotted something: its working in your test world, right?

The gap between the enchanter and bookshelves is 1 block on your test world, the same way it should be for a crafting table.

On your live world, your picture shows a 2 block gap - I think that might be the issue!

xKOBAYASHIMARUx

May 31, 2020
I had the exact same issue. This one took me a sec before I realized a bookshelf was only in the right place if the particle effects started activating. The enchanter has some super finicky rules.

Bookshelves cannot be below the y level of the enchanter.

Bookshelves cannot be above 2 blocks above the enchanter (ie if the enchanter was at 0 bookshelves at 2 are invalid).

Bookshelves must be within 1 block straight line away from the enchanter. So only 3 stacks of 2 high bookshelves are valid in any direction.

Bookshelves must be within line of sight of the enchanter. Any block in the way ruins it.

15 bookshelves must be present. That 100% does not divide evenly with the above rules which broke my brain so I put 16.

Yeah once I get into botania these are totally getting replaced with pylons.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame