EU To RF

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
You can probaly guess what im asking. How to convert IC2 Eu to Thermal Exspansion RF. Sure, I could do some crazy RoC or Pneumaticraft by using one, turning it into that mods energy, then converting it to the next. But is there any simple power conversion?

Thanks in advance

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
You can probaly guess what im asking. How to convert IC2 Eu to Thermal Exspansion RF. Sure, I could do some crazy RoC or Pneumaticraft by using one, turning it into that mods energy, then converting it to the next. But is there any simple power conversion?
Mekanism has universal cable, and there is MFR energy net cable. Both do conversion either way IIRC.

Reactions: Gamefury64

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism has universal cable, and there is MFR energy net cable. Both do conversion either way IIRC.
Thanks. This is the kind of thing i was looking for. Is the universal cable in normal mekanism, or does it require generators(which crashes my game)

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Is the universal cable in normal mekanism, or does it require generators(which crashes my game)
From what I can see, it's in the core mod. I don't know if it's been fixed, but if you later on convert RF -> EU to power highly overclocked IC2 machines, use universal cable sparingly. I encountered pretty severe FPS issues with 10 overclocked recyclers, which completely vanished when I replaced the universal cable with glass fiber cable. In that case, just use the universal cable to charge an MFSU.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that's easy! I got a sweet way of doing this.
If you have Extra Utilities make a Transfer Node (Energy) and link both pipes through it. It works as a converter from MJ to RF. I don't know if it works with EU though...

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that's easy! I got a sweet way of doing this.
If you have Extra Utilities make a Transfer Node (Energy) and link both pipes through it. It works as a converter from MJ to RF. I don't know if it works with EU though...

If your talking 1.7.10 then there is no conversion between RF and MJ.

If you want to install another mod, Power Converters has been (sort of) updated to 1.7.10.

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
Us mfr energy cable it will take any power and output what ever power you need u can just have one with ic2 cables on one end then enderio ones on the other

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The galacticraft Energy Storage Cluster can convert a small amount of rf/t into eu/t (and vice versa). Somewhere around 1000 rf/t max I believe.