EU to MJ?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Fossils? bugger them, I'm in exploration which makes the "combing the world over for that one item" rather funny since that is what I do for a living (edit: well did haven't worked in quite a while, my divorce kinda stuffed me), well comb the lease over for that one deposit anyways :D
But we have got rather off track here so probably should stop before the moderators come and smack us both.

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
The Recycler is able to take nearly every item in the game and potentially turn it into Scrap, which then can be put into a Matter Fabricator to supercharge it, or a Mass Fabricator in the form of Scrap Boxes. UU Matter can then be made into a variety of EXTREMELY useful items, my favorite being Iridium (Just got my Gravi-Chest and Ultimate Solar Helmet earlier today :D) I think that pretty much fits what you want, converting the "useless" into useful.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, scarcity is not fun (at least for me, it isn't). Combing the world over and over again for THAT ONE item in Minecraft just to build THAT ONE machine/engine/utility for the purpose of advancing my tech in the game is excruciatingly tedious. It's a grind I'd rather avoid, and I'd like to take my time with my semi-automated setups to build applications for my materials (cities, shops, town halls, etc) rather than struggle around an infinite world where I have to carve through millions of 'useless' blocks just to get to the one item that I need. To me, those useless blocks could be used in more constructive manners, and I find it wasteful that I can't obtain a derivative item from that 'useless block' to fill that niche that I need...

This is one of my biggest problems in Minecraft. I want to be able to sit down somewhere nice, somewhere I like, and be able to build a decent and decent-looking base without having to extract every single resource from the world around me for miles.

More on-topic, isn't it true that an electrical engine produces exactly 2 MJ/t, and if you try to transmit that energy across any sort of pipe the loss is just enough to prevent the Forestry machines (which all require a constant 2 MJ/t or more) from getting enough power to run? That and Thermal Expansion are the main reasons that I ended up abandoning EU entirely in favor of MJ. My only issue with MJ is that I haven't yet figured out the MJ equivalent of a BatBox, but that's just because I'm a slow learner and haven't looked hard enough. ;)

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
The Recycler is able to take nearly every item in the game and potentially turn it into Scrap, which then can be put into a Matter Fabricator to supercharge it, or a Mass Fabricator in the form of Scrap Boxes. UU Matter can then be made into a variety of EXTREMELY useful items, my favorite being Iridium (Just got my Gravi-Chest and Ultimate Solar Helmet earlier today :D) I think that pretty much fits what you want, converting the "useless" into useful.

I'll sometimes do that, but that's more gimmicky than anything else...
I'm actually trying to do my best making an IC2 add-on that more specifically adds what I want. Course, my tolerance for dealing with code isn't great, and my understanding of Java is bleh. However, it's been pretty simplistic so far doing basic stuff with items and blocks. Just got to get over the hurtle of using the IC2 API...

BTW: I may also add a sub tier of wiring, since that's also another issue with EU>MJ conversion....

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
This is one of my biggest problems in Minecraft. I want to be able to sit down somewhere nice, somewhere I like, and be able to build a decent and decent-looking base without having to extract every single resource from the world around me for miles.

More on-topic, isn't it true that an electrical engine produces exactly 2 MJ/t, and if you try to transmit that energy across any sort of pipe the loss is just enough to prevent the Forestry machines (which all require a constant 2 MJ/t or more) from getting enough power to run? That and Thermal Expansion are the main reasons that I ended up abandoning EU entirely in favor of MJ. My only issue with MJ is that I haven't yet figured out the MJ equivalent of a BatBox, but that's just because I'm a slow learner and haven't looked hard enough. ;)
Redstone energy cells work great as a batbox, and keep their energy when broken! (With a wrench, of course)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone energy cells work great as a batbox, and keep their energy when broken! (With a wrench, of course)
If there were just better tiers of those things than just be able to store a bucket of Fuel worth of MJ in it. Like the batboxes to MFE then to MFSU.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
If there were just better tiers of those things than just be able to store a bucket of Fuel worth of MJ in it. Like the batboxes to MFE then to MFSU.
From a post by King Lemming quite a while ago, they are planned but they are a ways off.