EU problem with Mass Fabricator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm trying to run my Mass Fabricator off my MFSU which is receiving 520 EU/t and also powering my ore processing set-up, but it's drawing too much power and I need to tone it down.

I already have a structure pipe that has it turned off by default and only activates when it receives an amplifier and this works fine in itself, but the amount of scrap coming in means that it's still running pretty much constantly.

I thought the solution would be to put an MV transformer inline which would then limit its power to 128 EU/t but testing the MF with my EU-reader it's still receiving and outputting 512 EU/t! The MV is set up right as far as I know, the 3 dots are facing towards the MFSU and the MF is attached to a single dot, so how and why is it getting 512 EU/t ?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I think EU readers are (or were) bugged. You may not be having a problem. Maybe try some isolated tests?

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
I think EU readers are (or were) bugged. You may not be having a problem. Maybe try some isolated tests?
I just am doing in my test world now. Something weird going on. MFSU > MV = 512 EU/t measured on the fibre wire between them. MV > LV = also 512 EU/t ! LV > machine (mass fabricator/macertor/whatever) = 128 EU/t. I don't understand what's going on here? Why isn't the macerator exploding from receiving 128 EU/t ?

http://imgur.com/G6trWjg

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's a problem with those buggy EU readers. My wires tend not to go long, and I usually have standard amounts (32, 128, 256, 512). You should be good though, just remember next time, because IC2 will fix that right after TFC and BTW are successfully added to the same world.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
EU reader just reads the total power transferred over a certain amount of ticks, then divides to get the power per tick.

When you use transformers, you keep the same transfer rate, you just have more of the smaller packets.

So, MFSU sends out 1 packet of 512eu. Transformer takes that and.converts it to 4 packets of 128eu. The rate is still 512 over that 1 tick...its just smaller individual packets.

1 thing you can do is have 2 or more mfsus hooked to the same input cable. This cable will split the power between the different mfsus. Now you can hook those up to whatever you want, say 2 to the mass fab and 1 to the processing facility. This will change it so the mass fab is only getting 2/3 the power.

Also, power gets prioritised by distance. Placing the mass fab AFTER everything else should mean it will only get what power everything else did not use.

Dirthead

Jul 29, 2019
A MV transformer can output 4 packets of 128EU per tick, so they do output 512EU per tick. If you want only 128eu running into the massfab, you can use a LV transformer, which can output 4 packets of 32EU per tick or 128eu total.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I got you now guys, thanks. So it's the PACKET size that dictates whether or not machines explode, rather than the tick. OK. I've hooked the MF up to an MV and LV inline now and it's now running steady enough that my power gen can keep up. Unfortunately the slower rates now means I'm swimming in excess cobble and soil etc, but that is easily fixed with a diamond pipe and a void pipe for when the hoppers are full. Also removed the overclockers from my recyclers as well as that was backing up the MF with scrap.