eu power ultimate pack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i normally go with windmills at start, but can't find enough bauxite ore for the aluminum.
I spent most of today mining in meadows and auburn forest. Got 1 stack of it. Only got 7
aluminum dust, so enough for 2 windmills. Not enough^^.

I thought about solar panels but you need silicone plate. Which needs a industrial blast furnace, since you need
eu to power it. That means no solar panels. What is a alliterative to get my eu going. I could use a generator, but that is a lot of coal.

Should I just stick with MJ till I get some biogas going for geo-theramal generators or what. I really want some
power tools to play with thou. which needs a way to charge them up.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
A fairly common setup is Geothermal/Thermal Generators being powered by a Nether lava pump.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i done that before. Wanted to try and stay away from using the nether.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. IDK how easy power converters are to get, but I suppose you could use those. You can try water mills? Or just use something else to fuel Generators. There are a few other things, such as possibly the Petrol Generator or a few GregTech generators. \Looks up which earlygame ones could be useful

EDIT: No idea how expensive these are, I mostly do creative, but:
Diesel Generator?
Gas Turbine or Semifluid Generator?
Or even ... the Dragon Egg Siphon? Probably not. :p

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You could just start with a few geothermals and bring lava up from the bottom of the overworld as needed, using a liquid transposer you can get the lava out of cells and pump it into the geothermals without using the cell up like you would if you placed it in the geothermal directly. You don't have to pump out of the nether, but you still get some easy access to EU generation.

Reactions: Whovian

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx didn't think of that.if i use a pump and 2 transposer and ender chest. That would work till the spot I have pump goes dry correct.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
sweet didn't know about them. I need a jetpack. got a really bad nether spawn. Am on a floating island, but I found some blaze powder in desert. can use ee to change them into blaze rods.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I just got another idea. It is nether dependent, though not as nether-dependent.

Blaze rods + generator.

Though I like the Pump + Ender Tank idea.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i can use the blaze rods trick once i find a nether fortress. as said i got a bad nether spawn need the eu and jetpack to get off my island.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx for the help guys got 4 geo-thermal generators with a mfsu on top. 2 transformer upgrades in my compressor and extractor. Eu is flying in.