EU power options?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey
Im trying to figure out a good way to upgrade my EU power generation.
I am currently useing quite manny water mills.
But i would need to build hundreds to get enough energy........

So i am looking for options.
Nuclear, it seems to be hard and i have not found a good guide for it. If i go nuclear i would want something safe that i can have in my base. Maybe something i activate to generate allot of energy for a short amount of time and then turn off.

Geothermal is my other idea....
But i have no lava lakes close to me... So i would need to go to the nether and fill cells/buckets with lava.
But i can not figure out a way to automatically fill a bucket. I thought i could use a pump, fill a tank with lava and then have a deployer filling buckets with lava. But that does not work for me???

Solar panels are so crazy expensive. I dont know if it is worth to aim for 1 medium voltage solar panel (64eu/t)... if it is good enough.

More ideas?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Geothermal generators you don't need to use buckets with, that's how you manually put lava into them, however you can pump it directly in using pipes.

So Nether + pump + tank -> some interdimensional crossing method (I use tesseracts, but may be a bit expensive for you) -> tank + geothermals would work

Generators + soul shard Blaze farm worked really well for me starting off[DOUBLEPOST=1362610052][/DOUBLEPOST]
...But i can not figure out a way to automatically fill a bucket....

So you know for the future: Liquid transposers are the machine for that, They require buildcraft power (MJ) to run, and depending on the setting fill up a container with liquid that is pumped in, or empty a container to pump the liquid out.

Reactions: Whovian

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
so if i can use a liquid transposer to fill buckets and use redpower tubes to transport them to a ender chest
and then empty the buckets in geothermal generators and transport the empty bucket back to the nether and the transposer

to me it seems like a more solid process that actually might work on most servers.
hear ppl complain about tesseracts that they dont work....

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had tesseracts "not work". They are very simply to get working. The only downside to them is that they're more 'expensive' than a filter>enderchest setup.

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Pump->Liquid tesseract (Nether)->Liquid tesseract (Overworld)->aquaducts to all the thermal generators you got. Simple and effective!

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Geothermal generators you don't need to use buckets with, that's how you manually put lava into them, however you can pump it directly in using pipes.

So Nether + pump + tank -> some interdimensional crossing method (I use tesseracts, but may be a bit expensive for you) -> tank + geothermals would work

Generators + soul shard Blaze farm worked really well for me starting off[DOUBLEPOST=1362610052][/DOUBLEPOST]

So you know for the future: Liquid transposers are the machine for that, They require buildcraft power (MJ) to run, and depending on the setting fill up a container with liquid that is pumped in, or empty a container to pump the liquid out.

Easiest way to deal with the liquid transposer needing energy is a magmatic engine simply have the engine power both the pump and the transposer and use the lava from the pump to fill both the engine and transposer.

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
On my server the base is powered by a steam boiler,
we recently added a hi pressor liquid fuleled boiler for more power.
if you set up 2 peat farms it provides sightly more fuel then is used by low pressor max sized one.
after automating the farm it becomes maintenance free power at 50Eu/t with a steam turbine and enough power left for some steam engins.
before the boiler was on line I used a geothermal gen that was manually feed with lava cans from a nearby lake and the nether