Ethos Mod Pack crashing while launching

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

SWC

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Ethos Mod Pack crashing while launching
Launcher Version:
v1.4.12
Modpack:
Ethos Mod Pack
Modpack Version:
Recommended
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
When I attempted to download and launch this mod pack today, it said that I needed to get a universal download from project red, so I got that. Now I'm trying to launch it, and it crashes while loading.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Did you download that version which was requested or the version you just happen to find first?

SWC

Jul 29, 2019
I followed the provided link, which led to an Error 404 page, so I googled the link and found project red's wiki, where I then downloaded MrTJPCore, and it was the same as requested. Also, http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/8781cf36 is a more updated crash log, as I've been tampering with this myself. I have also reinstalled all projectred mods with a slightly more updated version(I found that they were a bit out of date and also I found another thread in which someone said that they would need to update those). I haven't had troubles since before I updated the launcher so perhaps its that, or I could try using a more outdated version.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Etho's pack has been broken months(iirc I was first reports at june 2015). I suggest finding a pack which is fixed if dependencies disappear from net.

MrTJPCore, and it was the same as requested
Your first log states that deploader is requesting version 1.0.5.11. Next log shows that you downloaded version 1.1.0.33.

also I found another thread in which someone said that they would need to update those
just, "no". It will create more problems.

I haven't had troubles since before I updated the launcher so perhaps its that
Did you run etho's pack before you updated launcher to 1.4.12?

SWC

Jul 29, 2019
Etho's pack has been broken months(iirc I was first reports at june 2015). I suggest finding a pack which is fixed if dependencies disappear from net.

Ok, well thats good to know, I'll probably just use the mod list on his pack and compile my own pack based on it.

Your first log states that deploader is requesting version 1.0.5.11. Next log shows that you downloaded version 1.1.0.33.

Lol, thank you for pointing that out, I was stealing these .jars from other mod packs and I must have grabbed from the wrong pack.

just, "no". It will create more problems.

Ok, I suppose you would know.

Did you run etho's pack before you updated launcher to 1.4.12?

Yes, but I very recently wiped my computer, and it doesn't work. That may be part of it, but I also updated my launcher to 1.4.12 at the same time, so I'm just gonna blame it on that :p