ETHANOL HELP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
i have my setup as noted below.
MFR farm with oak saplings, fermenter to 3 stills and one HP liquid boiler 3x3x4.

i am running low on both biomass and ethanol and i dont know why

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
None of the Vanilla saplings really have a huge amount of Sappiness. The Blue Mahoe has the highest sappiness in it's saplings, but it is a very slow growing tree. You could either use a cross-bred Blue Mahoe (I'd suggest with a balsa initally, to try get highest saplings and sappiness). Or the White Willow is the best for it without using hybrid trees, if I remeber correctly. I'm not sure which biome inspecific tree would be best purebred.

On another note, if you have plenty of apples (or lemons, or papyas) you could use a squeezer to make apple juice and mulch to fuel your fermenter and get a little bit of extra biomass.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
If the boiler was solid fuel, you could simply convert some of the wood you farm to charcoal. It produces tonnes of power, and you can decrease the size of your liquid boiler to match your Ethanol production rate.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You could put the logs through a coke oven and convert to charcoal along with creating creosote oil. It wouldn't create a whole lot of creosote oil, but paired with your ethanol, it could help. Based on 1.5.2 version of railcraft, it took 48 coke ovens to produce enough creosote oil to fuel a HP boiler. You can also create biomass out of other items like sugarcane. It could help stem the gap until you get one of the better forestry trees bred.