essence berry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Plant it and wait. Lamps of growth from Thaumcraft MAY help, but never tried them out.

Alternatively (or additionally) you can try some of the sigils from Ars Magica 2 (or is it Blood Magic? Always get the items from those two mixed up) to speed up growth.

PurpleBomber

Jul 29, 2019
Before growth boosters, the most important thing for essence berry bushes (and any of the oreberry bushes for that matter) is to grow them in pitch darkness. Encase them in blocks or use blackout curtains and that'll do more than anything else, other than the old OP automated watering can in older versions. For up-to-date Monster (i.e. no Ars Magica), your best option might be Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth screened by blackout curtains, since the light it produces hinders the growth of the bushes.

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
Before growth boosters, the most important thing for essence berry bushes (and any of the oreberry bushes for that matter) is to grow them in pitch darkness. Encase them in blocks or use blackout curtains and that'll do more than anything else, other than the old OP automated watering can in older versions. For up-to-date Monster (i.e. no Ars Magica), your best option might be Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth screened by blackout curtains, since the light it produces hinders the growth of the bushes.

Essence bushes don't requite pitch darkness? Atleast mine grow out in the open. I think it's the ore berry bushes are the ones that need pitch darkness.

Skidd2

Jul 29, 2019
Check out Dw20's latest season... he's got a few episodes on automating the growth and harvest of the essence berries using Thaumcraft, Thermal expansion, and extra utilities... watching his vids, seems to show that the berries grow pretty fast using that setup he's got