Error while checking HTTP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
So my friend has this errorcode:

"Error while checking news: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:"

I tried googling this but there is NO solution whatsoever, how to fix this?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I take it your friend is trying to connect to a server?

Make sure Minecraft is allowed through his firewall, that the server has port forwarding enabled, and that his router isn't set up to block any connections.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Nono, sorry, its to launch Direwolf20 latest pack, when he tries to launch he gets that error in launch log

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Does he crash with that error? Please provide the full log by uploading the fml-latest log file from your .minecraft

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Does he crash with that error? Please provide the full log by uploading the fml-latest log file from your .minecraft
this is the classic FTB launcher. not minecraft itself. probably will not be fixed sice it is deprecated.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
No crash, no, the only error is the line i posted in my first "Error while checking news: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:"

There is no other red lines in the log.

And what do you mean classic launcher and wont be fixed?
He is the only one having that problem, I can download&launch it from the classic one

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
No crash, no, the only error is the line i posted in my first "Error while checking news: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:"

There is no other red lines in the log.

And what do you mean classic launcher and wont be fixed?
He is the only one having that problem, I can download&launch it from the classic one
Okay, regardless of whether there are other red lines, please post the entire log here.

Also, this error usually happens when a firewall is blocking something, so he should disable his firewall or make sure all versions of Java are allowed through.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot get the entire log right now, he is super pissed and "doesnt give a fuck" but yet he do.

But why is it only happening on Direwolfs pack? All other packs he can download&run fine