Error! User Name Or Password Incorrect!

Gibsonbox

Jul 29, 2019
This is annoying...
I bet I'm doing something wrong.
So basically I tried signing into it, wouldn't work.
So I made a shop account. That didn't work either.
In the end I made a forum account.
It nearly worked...
But of course it doesn't.
Does anyone know why It's not working?
>.<[DOUBLEPOST=1387124130][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry. It's "Invalid Username or Password"
>.<

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
You need a premium minecraft account which means you need to pay for the game. If you paid for the game try using your e-mail address you used when you paid for the game to log in.

Gibsonbox

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.
I paid for the game 6 years ago. Is it still valid?
Minecraft still works.
I haven't migrated it though.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the game updates for free and is a one time purchase. Try the email anyway Mojang might have migrated your account without your knowledge.

AbacusAvenger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem. I've got a Mojang account which I can log into just fine through both my web browser and the vanilla Minecraft client with my email address and password. But when I try to log in via the FTB client, it fails to log in. I've tried blowing away my FTB folder and the 'ftblauncher' folder in %appdata%, but this hasn't helped. And the debug logging isn't too useful either:
Code:
[13:45:08] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.doLogin:556: Logging in...
[13:45:09] [ERROR] in Launcher ErrorUtils.tossError:26: Invalid username or password.

EDIT: Strange. After having tried over and over for 20 minutes or so, and gotten to the point I made this forum post, it started working again.

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Son of a ****...
I forgot I changed my password -_-
Sorry, but this made my day. Thanks for updating with the resolution.

Edit: asterisked out the word just in case a mod finds it too close to the actual word and needs to edit. Which means less editing for them to do. Sorry. Still laughing about this though.

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Well I did NOT change my password, and I'm still getting it this morning in my FTB Launcher. Removed profile and recreated, but no success.

I'm on a premium account purchased in 2010, which always worked.

My Mojang Account page logs in fine with the same password.

Edit: Weird ... Windows restart solved it.

Last edited: