Error: Invalid username or password when using valid account information FIXED

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing on a server using the Ultimate pack, and I was slain by ComputerCraft. Then, I go to where my stuff is and find it in a pile. But I couldn't find the turtles. I looked where they were and saw the black outline, but not the turtles themselves. Then I try to type a message, and it doesn't send. I just got a message from the guy I was playing with and apparently I haven't relogged in at all. I quit Feed the beast. I re-opened the launcher, tried logging in and couldn't.
"Error! Invalid username or password". I looked this up and found only two causes. I have a legitimate version of Minecraft. And I am entering my information correctly. I tried creating another account and couldn't login with that either. Any ideas?

Edit: I also tried restarting my computer.

Edit: Just tried creating a new profile again, Unable to create new profile.

Edit: I fixed it. I went to Minecraft.net and changed my password.Then I edited my account on the Launcher. HOORAY!

reverandraptor

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue a couple nights ago, but I wasn't doing anything computercraft related (I had my turtles runing, but hadn't touched them for awhile.)

I know it's not related to the server, because I was getting the issue at the launcher, and when I tried to connect to different servers.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Bump

I've now also tried rebooting my internet, and computer at the same time. Still isn't working.

TurltleGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing on a server using the Ultimate pack, and I was slain by ComputerCraft. Then, I go to where my stuff is and find it in a pile. But I couldn't find the turtles. I looked where they were and saw the black outline, but not the turtles themselves. Then I try to type a message, and it doesn't send. I just got a message from the guy I was playing with and apparently I haven't relogged in at all. I quit Feed the beast. I re-opened the launcher, tried logging in and couldn't.
"Error! Invalid username or password". I looked this up and found only two causes. I have a legitimate version of Minecraft. And I am entering my information correctly. I tried creating another account and couldn't login with that either. Any ideas?

Edit: I fixed it. I went to Minecraft.net and changed my password.Then I edited my account on the Launcher. HOORAY!

SatanicSanta your right about changing my password in Minecraft.net. All i had to do though was just put my premium account info in the create a new user slot and it works fine!!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
SatanicSanta your right about changing my password in Minecraft.net. All i had to do though was just put my premium account info in the create a new user slot and it works fine!!

Yeah, another common launcher issue is when it fills up the password slot with random characters.

rockegg

Jul 29, 2019
I can verify this. I was playing the New World mod pack v6.0 last night. This morning when I tried to get back on it gave me the "invalid user name or password" error. I tried another FTB pack and got the same error. I tried vanilla Minecraft and had no problem, so at that point I had isolated the problem to the launcher itself. Went into my own account info and changed the password, not the name. Problem solved.

epicdracogod

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same problem But i dont know what to do i cant connect to minecraft.net and i have a working internet connection im using the right details for my login into ftb and i cant make new profiles and my account is premium can any one help me?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same problem But i dont know what to do i cant connect to minecraft.net and i have a working internet connection im using the right details for my login into ftb and i cant make new profiles and my account is premium can any one help me?

Do you have any proxies?

epicdracogod

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any proxies?

No i dont have any Proxies But the things i have done to fix try and fix my account -which is still not working
Is i turned my monitor on and off -mac-osx.
Rebooted my router countless times.
Also heres another thing i don't know if my minecraft email address has changed or not but when i put i forgot my password for my account it doesn't send it to my email i did this yesterday and today With no response I think that my email has gotten hacked or something. but everything seems perfectly fine but it could also be the mojang servers could be down i don't know so if you can help it will be much appreciated.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
No i dont have any Proxies But the things i have done to fix try and fix my account -which is still not working
Is i turned my monitor on and off -mac-osx.
Rebooted my router countless times.
Also heres another thing i don't know if my minecraft email address has changed or not but when i put i forgot my password for my account it doesn't send it to my email i did this yesterday and today With no response I think that my email has gotten hacked or something. but everything seems perfectly fine but it could also be the mojang servers could be down i don't know so if you can help it will be much appreciated.

Have you clicked Edit Profile and made sure the password is correct? Sometimes the launcher likes to put in a bunch of *'s instead of your password.

$had0w

Jul 29, 2019
when a computer randomly changes languages that can be a big problem, make sure the language is set to english

MaTRiXSn0wBlaZe

Jul 29, 2019

This is just stupid, ive had this problem but some how go rid of it, now ive just updated my launcher and im getting 'Invalid Username or Password' and im staring to get annoyed ive, Deleted Folders; Uninstalled Java, Reinstalled Launcher, Merged accounts (cause Told had an Old Premium account) changed Emails; Passwords and im fed up can anyone help & Yes it is a Premium account i Paid for in 2012?

teddymaster43699

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to get into FTB ultimate pack, I have my username and password both valid, it claims that they are invalid.... I have reset my minecraft password and it still isn't working. Any suggestions?

DreadJac

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem.
From time to time, my password is no longer valid and I have to change it via the edit Button.
I did submit a ticket on the help desk and give you a update when I get a solution.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem.
From time to time, my password is no longer valid and I have to change it via the edit Button.
I did submit a ticket on the help desk and give you a update when I get a solution.
That's really not necessary, this was solved months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.