Error Downloading Modpack!!! Help please

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentges

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to download the Mindcrack FTB pack for roughly one week now and have been getting the same Error Downloading Modpack!!! every single time. I've done just about everything on the forums that I have been able to find: updating and reupdating Java, turning off my antivirus programs and all of their firewalls, trying both the .jar and the .exe, as well as deleting all the relevant folders in both the FTB folder I created for the programs as well as the one inside the roaming section of my computer. I'm not sure what else to do.

The only time I managed to get the download even somewhat complete is when I somehow forced the download for Mindcrack FTB to stop at one point and it downloaded a pure vanilla version of Minecraft instead. Not sure if that is at all important but it struck me as kind of weird.

Anyway, here is the pastebin data: http://pastebin.com/SSdqiEiG

Thanks for any help!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I know you've said you have done this already, but I would like you to follow my trouble shooting steps (found in my linked google doc in my signature).
Follow them exactly.
Note: If you are using AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, (Avira may still have these same issues) then you may need to uninstall your AV completely, as these AV's are known for not liking being turned off. This is not a safe thing to do, but it is the only sure fire way to ensure that those AV's are not interfering with your download. (Free programs such as Avast! and Microsoft Security Essentials are both known to work much better with Minecraft and modded launchers, I personally suggest Avast!).

Let me know if you continue to have this problem afterward.

Hentges

Jul 29, 2019
I actually followed your steps before I typed up my post but forgot to include that with my information.

Anyway, I uninstalled my AV program (Symantec if that matters) and received the same error.

Here is the pastebin if that needed: http://pastebin.com/iPNJQMXR

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. As I first thought, it seems there may be an issue with maintaining a connection with the creeperhost downloads.
(been trying to determine the exact cause for the errors for a good part of the day)
But I can't be entirely sure, maybe it's just a problem with the file size itself. There have been a lot of reports of people having the same problem today.

As of right now, I don't have any other suggestions, sorry :(
The teams are usually really good about getting these problems (which thankfully don't happen too often) fixed really quickly :)

Hentges

Jul 29, 2019
But as I said in my original post I've been having this problem for a week. My initial thought was I was just having some type of trouble connecting to their servers but one week of that just makes no sense.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Looks like my slow net just won't allow me to download this for some reason.

Hentges

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've noticed since I've actually been paying attention the last few times it has downloaded is that it seems to hit about 50% on the download then just fill up the download bar as if it is full. It then brings up another download screen that says the file is 994kb and then downloads that. Doubt it means anything but thought I'd type it up in here anyway.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've noticed since I've actually been paying attention the last few times it has downloaded is that it seems to hit about 50% on the download then just fill up the download bar as if it is full. It then brings up another download screen that says the file is 994kb and then downloads that. Doubt it means anything but thought I'd type it up in here anyway.

The launcher downloads from Mojang and then downloads the mods/configs so two download dialog boxes are normal ;)

The bar going to 50% and pausing then jumping to 100% is weird however.

Hentges

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've noticed is that each of my downloads has gone 10-11 minutes before it stopped. I find this very odd because in some cases when I'm downloading the pack I am using the internet so the points where it stops should be different.

Maybe this is a stupid question but is it possible that Creeperhost has a way of canceling downloads that last longer than 10 minutes?

Mantoner

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm I dont know what happend, but its fixed, I really think this isnt what fixed it but I just right click>open the jar file and it worked.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Quite often, a bad internet connection is the culprit. Or, too many people trying to steal all your internetting ;)

Hentges

Jul 29, 2019
That is really a shame if that is the case as I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere in Iowa and my internet is the best I can get without paying too much money. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed with time.

Call_Me_Dejaja

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having the same issue.. direwolf works fine, but Ive tried to use mindcrack like 15 times and somewhere between %90 and %100 it stops and gives me an error, then the next time I try it it starts ALL OVER again at the very beginning downloading from scratch until eventually the same thing happens... very frustrating.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the location you guys are from? Maybe one of the repo's is acting up / faulty download or a Telia Routing? (although the repo's are online in the status)

ticktrader

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in Albany, NY ... I haven't been able to download the mod packs in a couple of weeks, Beta-A worked fine but ever since direwolf and mindcrack were added they don't download. Here's a paste with debug logging and as you can see not much info. I'll try downloading manually I guess.

N0y12.png

Gus

Jul 29, 2019
Switching the download location under advanced options to US Secondary worked for me to fix this problem, its also much faster.

Reactions: jrabb1t
Status
Not open for further replies.