Windows .exe Error Downloading Modpack - FIX!

Dreave88

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone. So, I've been trying over the last couple days to download and install FTB and various modpacks and have tried everything from changing download server to re installing java and reverting it to a previous version. Nothing on the internet has helped me. I am posting this because the one thing that has worked for me, may work for someone else too!

The thing I did was very basic and I don't know why I didn't try it ealier. I found the my problem was having the Download folder (in the FTB settings) set to the same as where the launcher is. So for example:
I had a folder set up in C drive and my launcher was in that folder. When I was prompted, the launcher asked if I would make the download folder for the client files in the same spot. (C:/FTB)

This hadn't been working and just randomly, I tried adding in a new folder in the parent folder, and set it to the download folder for the client files and mod packs. So I had it set up as C:/FTB for the Launcher, and the downloads were set to C:/FTB/Files and this seemed to work first go. Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there.

Dreave88

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you do a clean install first. So go to your %Appdata%/roaming folder and delete the ftblauncher folder. Then also delete any other files in the ftb folder you created. I also reverted to Java 6 rather than using 7 because I thought it might of had something to do with it. But doing that itself didn't fix it alone.