Error Downloading Game

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouge_Gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Every time i try to download a modpack it gives me the error " Error occurred during downloading the game" Any idea on how to fix this? I've tried reseting all the files but it didnt help.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on why it is not downloading properly. Please provide a console log to pastebin.com by clicking on the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button. This will add a link at the bottom of your console that you post here for us to look at your log.

Rouge_Gamer

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on why it is not downloading properly. Please provide a console log to pastebin.com by clicking on the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button. This will add a link at the bottom of your console that you post here for us to look at your log.
"Address family not supported by protocol family: connect" this comes up in the console when I click on the "Paste my log to pastebin.com" button.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Try updating your Java and remove all other versions of Java, including the 32bit versions. Then see if your firewall is keeping the launcher from connecting. If it is not you can try setting Java to force use of IPv4 if it is trying to use IPv6. Add this, -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true, to the end of any arguments you may have added in the launcher. If you have not added any arguments you need to go to the 'Options' tab, then click on 'Advanced Options'. Paste that in the box next to 'Additional Java Parameters:'

Status
Not open for further replies.