Error connecting to a Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

crchestney

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm crchestney

I have just started playing FTB and my friend got a server for the Mindcrack Pack. I have been trying to join, but just get this crash report:

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// This doesn't make any sense!

Time: 2/17/13 11:30 PM
Description: Ticking screen

asy
    at asw.d(SourceFile:35)
    at asw.b(SourceFile:23)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2072)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2023)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLClientHandler.java:529)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLCommonHandler.java:459)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.ModIdMapPacket.execute(ModIdMapPacket.java:89)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
    at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
    at di.a(SourceFile:59)
    at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.HookPluginChannels.a(HookPluginChannels.java:99)
    at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458)
    at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
    at ayk.c(GuiConnecting.java:49)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1537)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Forum won't let me upload whole error report, so I cut out a bit that I didn't think was necessary. If it was, tell me! Rember, I'm using the Mindcrack Pack.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
You server IDs and client IDs don't match. Make sure they do. If in doubt, copy the server configs to your client.

DIMentia

Jul 29, 2019
You server IDs and client IDs don't match. Make sure they do. If in doubt, copy the server configs to your client.

This error doesn't appear to be that simple... or rather it appears to be so simple and so general that the error itself is unhelpful.
No, mismatched configs do not appear to be the only possible cause or the actual conflict is unreported.
My server configs were copied from single player game configs which originate with me. They have been in use without problem until yesterday.

I've taken about 20 hours to eliminate all possible causes to be able to define the conditions.
It's my hope that someone will bother to spend a few minutes reading to understand that "You server IDs and client IDs don't match." is not an answer.

This error has hit my account, but another user's account which has the exact same configs is not affected.
I had that user zip up her instance and send it to me and while she was unaffected, I still got kicked using her configs.
She even permitted me to log into her account and I got kicked out, where she does not.

The error occurs when I approach a particular building, which I built... I didn't get kicked out while building it.
She can go to that same building without getting kicked out, where I can't, EVEN if I am logged into her account, using a copy of her instance.

She plays from a Linux box.
I play from Win XP-64

The fact that the configs originate with me and that I sent them to her as well as setting up the server which shares the same configs, says that this is not a config mismatch.
If it is an ID mismatch then it is causing an error for only one user and the ID mismatch is not being reported to console or to the logs.

I have cleared my inventory and still get kicked.

There are no identified ID conflicts in any of the logs... either there are no ID mismatches, or the conflict is not being reported as a conflict.

This server has been running for a week with no problems... no files were changed immediately prior to this beginning.

It appears to be platform dependent for the client, yet both of us are using the same exact files... in fact since she sent me her instance to test we are using the exact same instance.

The first thing I did was have her clear my inventory.
I then had her teleport me to a remote area.
Nothing that I am holding could be a problem.
Getting within a certain distance of something in that building causes me to get kicked, but she does not.
I get kicked even using a copy of her instance logged into her account, while she does not.

The only software that changed on my system was a Windows Update, after which I could no longer log in without getting kicked out with this error.

If this error is actually reporting a conflict it is doing it so poorly that the information is useless.
If it an actual conflict between server and client configs then how is it that two different users can get totally different results using a copy of the same instance and even using the same account and the same instance?

Reactions: Velotican

godbaba

Jul 29, 2019
This error doesn't appear to be that simple... or rather it appears to be so simple and so general that the error itself is unhelpful.
No, mismatched configs do not appear to be the only possible cause or the actual conflict is unreported.
My server configs were copied from single player game configs which originate with me. They have been in use without problem until yesterday.

I've taken about 20 hours to eliminate all possible causes to be able to define the conditions.
It's my hope that someone will bother to spend a few minutes reading to understand that "You server IDs and client IDs don't match." is not an answer.

This error has hit my account, but another user's account which has the exact same configs is not affected.
I had that user zip up her instance and send it to me and while she was unaffected, I still got kicked using her configs.
She even permitted me to log into her account and I got kicked out, where she does not.

The error occurs when I approach a particular building, which I built... I didn't get kicked out while building it.
She can go to that same building without getting kicked out, where I can't, EVEN if I am logged into her account, using a copy of her instance.

She plays from a Linux box.
I play from Win XP-64

The fact that the configs originate with me and that I sent them to her as well as setting up the server which shares the same configs, says that this is not a config mismatch.
If it is an ID mismatch then it is causing an error for only one user and the ID mismatch is not being reported to console or to the logs.

I have cleared my inventory and still get kicked.

There are no identified ID conflicts in any of the logs... either there are no ID mismatches, or the conflict is not being reported as a conflict.

This server has been running for a week with no problems... no files were changed immediately prior to this beginning.

It appears to be platform dependent for the client, yet both of us are using the same exact files... in fact since she sent me her instance to test we are using the exact same instance.

The first thing I did was have her clear my inventory.
I then had her teleport me to a remote area.
Nothing that I am holding could be a problem.
Getting within a certain distance of something in that building causes me to get kicked, but she does not.
I get kicked even using a copy of her instance logged into her account, while she does not.

The only software that changed on my system was a Windows Update, after which I could no longer log in without getting kicked out with this error.

If this error is actually reporting a conflict it is doing it so poorly that the information is useless.
If it an actual conflict between server and client configs then how is it that two different users can get totally different results using a copy of the same instance and even using the same account and the same instance?

So there is no fix of this problem ? :(

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
long highly informative post

Right then, thankyou. I'm sorry to still stick with ticking the basic checkboxes but can I confirm that both of you are using the latest Java for your OS of choice? If they are not the same version as well on your system and your friend's, this would be useful to mention.

As you have correctly noticed, the JVM isn't identical on different operating systems so it could be a problem with a specific version of the JVM. Making sure you're running the latest version helps rule out a legacy bug. It's possible that a Windows security update has clamped older versions of Java which were known to be insecure and vulnerable to hacking and this is causing your disconnect problem.

DIMentia

Jul 29, 2019
Right then, thankyou. I'm sorry to still stick with ticking the basic checkboxes but can I confirm that both of you are using the latest Java for your OS of choice? If they are not the same version as well on your system and your friend's, this would be useful to mention.

As you have correctly noticed, the JVM isn't identical on different operating systems so it could be a problem with a specific version of the JVM. Making sure you're running the latest version helps rule out a legacy bug. It's possible that a Windows security update has clamped older versions of Java which were known to be insecure and vulnerable to hacking and this is causing your disconnect problem.

My system: (XP-64)
The error originally occurred using jre1.7.0 u11
The error is still present using jre1.7.0 u13
jfx2.1.1 was also present... updating to jfx2.2.5 didn't help
jre1.7.0 u9 was also present in %appdata% but should not have been the version under which it was running.
Update 11 is what was configured. I updated to u13 to see if it would change anything. It didn't.

I run Secunia approximately monthly so things tend to be reasonably up to date.

Her system: Ubuntu (I will have to check with her for version)
jre1.7.0 u11 as well as jdk1.7.0 u11

Loading the JDK on my system didn't help.

DIMentia

Jul 29, 2019

Having taken a bit of time to add the configs to a spreadsheet I can say two things with certainty.

1) The claim that this "error" is only ever caused by mismatched configs and/or ID conflicts is bullshit.
2) I have exactly two potential ID conflicts generated by the default modpack... IC2 tin and copper ores which are configured not to spawn.
What this tells me is that the algorithm for determining IDs does not require IDs to be actually unique provided that they are functionally unique.

That actually seems like a pretty crappy way of doing things. All it would take would be for someone to turn IC2 tin or copper spawn on in an existing world and it would cause some problems.

I am left with a cute little spreadsheet tool and no answer to the question of this error message which really isn't an error message at all.

If it is unacceptable and unhelpful for a user to post an "error report" consisting of "Help itz broken!!!" then it is equally unhelpful to treat a report that indicates a missing error trap in the same way.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Hang on.

at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.HookPluginChannels.a(HookPluginChannels.java:99)

The fact that LiteLoader is even installed is interesting, unless VoxelMenu uses it. I can't remember.

As you might have gathered, there's nothing obviously causing this, which means any attempts to solve it are shots in the dark. Strictly speaking it's only a pack problem if it's an error caused by mixing two or more mods together and the information on this crash is so thin that I can't even tell if it's a pack error or a specific mod error.

I'm afraid "try stuff until software behaviour changes noticably" is the only thing I can suggest at this point, sorry about that. :(

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same problem, with five people we've worked on it for over 40 hours and no solution and well problem is EXACTLY SAME as described in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.