Equivelant Exchange

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

exometal

Jul 29, 2019
I know you guys (the FTB team) are getting lots of "When is EE coming out with the modpack?" etc.
However please can you have EE2 not EE3 because i feel there is not alot of people like the change in EE (my opinion only, don't hate on me). So please please have EE2 not EE3 if you can make it possible.

Thank you for reading this

Exometal

MetArc

Jul 29, 2019
It's an outdated mod, so wouldn't be compatible and it doesn't look like it's going to be updated any time soon by the creators.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 currently has 1 single item, and it isnt even how it will be in the end. So, just how does anyone know they dont like it?

As mentioned though, Pahimar isnt even going to consider updating ee2 until after ee3 is done. We're talking months here. If not a year.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
The people I play with railed against EE2 making things too easy to get.. and then they built massive power systems and mass fab/recycler setups to get anything they want for UU-matter... Logic... sometimes it just fails people.

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
1. can't really since EE2 is 1.2.5
2. i think EE3 is more balanced has far has i've seen but thats your opinion

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
The people I play with railed against EE2 making things too easy to get.. and then they built massive power systems and mass fab/recycler setups to get anything they want for UU-matter... Logic... sometimes it just fails people.

Logic? These people obviously enjoy the making grand machines to do what they want, Tell me every one of those machines was much more exciting and fun to watch then one block that generates anything you could ever want without any work?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I think you'll also find, exometal, that Pahimar's changes from EE2 have more support than you thought.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
You can go ahead and add EE3 to your world. No, there's not much to it atm, but the few transmutes available are quite handy in the early game (e.g. Iron -> gold and wood -> obsidian).

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
No, there's not much to it atm, but the few transmutes available are quite handy in the early game (e.g. Iron -> gold and wood -> obsidian).

There's only one which got me to put EE2 into my world. Iron -> Ender Pearl. I'd gladly pay 9 blocks of iron per Ender Pearl if that's what it took. I only wish there was an exchange for feathers. >.<

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
There's only one which got me to put EE2 into my world. Iron -> Ender Pearl. I'd gladly pay 9 blocks of iron per Ender Pearl if that's what it took. I only wish there was an exchange for feathers. >.<
Feathers? You mean to get feathers, or to exchange feathers for something else? I've never been short on feathers.

Anyway, a big "yes please" to the Iron -> Ender Pearl thing. Or something else -> Ender Pearl. So many mods use them now, and Endermen don't drop them anywhere near often enough.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
So many mods use them now, and Endermen don't drop them anywhere near often enough.

While I wouldn't personally have an issue with there being an easier way to get enderpearls through crafting... is getting a looting sword really that difficult? People really seem to ignore enchants, when it's easy to maintain best possible enchants on dozens of items thanks to pyrite in the nether.

There is also the twilight forest where the lich's tend to drop 3-5 pearls each, assuming you aren't capable of reaching the end yet. A desert at night is always a safe option for getting 15-20 enderpearls over a night.

While mass fab is on the easy side (hence why I fully support gregtech and the matter fab requirements), you can't even begin to compare it to collector/condenser flowers. I spent about 3 hours setting it up, the next day I was making over 1 diamond block a second. The day after that I was making redmatter furnaces in the dozens each minute. Within a couple days I was running around with gem armor and the katar, it was ridiculous compared to the effort I had gone through for machinery to even be looking at quantum.

Ironically quantum armor is easier with gregtech in my opinion, though. Fortunately the machines are so expensive the iridium available from a few quarries/the nether really doesn't come close.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Feathers? You mean to get feathers, or to exchange feathers for something else? I've never been short on feathers.

Getting them. I have a chicken farm just outside my house. For some reason the chickens keep walking into the dirt blocks that surround it and killing themselves. Kinda puts the dampener on the effectiveness of the feed box in the middle. I've gone from about 14 chickens I had to roam the countryside to find down to a single with 3 chicks following it around. In that time I've gotten maybe 4 feathers as they keep dying while I am off doing something else. Just sick of dealing with it.

While I wouldn't personally have an issue with there being an easier way to get enderpearls through crafting... is getting a looting sword really that difficult?

No. Tracking down the buggers and fighting them is an exercise in utter frustration. Hit, hit, teleport, whistle for 30 seconds before he gets the balls to come back, hit, hit, teleport. Wait another 30 seconds. T'heck with that.

People really seem to ignore enchants, when it's easy to maintain best possible enchants on dozens of items thanks to pyrite in the nether.

Pyrite in the who-wha now? Oh, right, presumes Gregtech is enabled. A bad presumption to make in a forum where a good portion of the people attest to, and recommend, disabling Gregtech. Not sure where you get from Pyrite to Ender Pearls unless you're talking about the mining XP to a looting sword to the utter frustrating of fighting Endermen.

Honestly, I'd pay good money for a mod to disable them right about now.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
No. Tracking down the buggers and fighting them is an exercise in utter frustration. Hit, hit, teleport, whistle for 30 seconds before he gets the balls to come back, hit, hit, teleport. Wait another 30 seconds. T'heck with that.

Pyrite in the who-wha now? Oh, right, presumes Gregtech is enabled. A bad presumption to make in a forum where a good portion of the people attest to, and recommend, disabling Gregtech. Not sure where you get from Pyrite to Ender Pearls unless you're talking about the mining XP to a looting sword to the utter frustrating of fighting Endermen.

Honestly, I'd pay good money for a mod to disable them right about now.[/quote]

Quite a hostile response but whatever....

Apologies before everything else, I have trouble keeping up with what is from where with FTB and such large modpacks and instead just presume that people have the modpack by default, the way I play it personally. As I mentioned in another thread a forum minority is exactly that, a minority. There are plenty of people who love gregtech and I've seen plenty of people supporting it both here and on IC2 forums, but this isn't about gregtech.

First of all, let me give you a tip - endermen only teleport if a) they can't reach you reasonably quickly or b) you look at their body. I've been killing endermen since before minecrafts live-release with no issues by either keeping my mouse angled at the top of their head or at their feet. This makes killing endermen extremely easy.

Second of all, no pyrite doesn't mean no fast exp. Breeding large farms is probably the second fastest method short of spending time setting up a huge farm. You can do this in under 10minutes if you have the portal mod enabled to portal animals into your farm. Redstone, lapis, coal are all great for EXP still, as is farming in nether fortresses (preferred with a fire resi potion but it isn't mandatory). The difference here is that it takes about 1-2 minutes of finding a large vein and mining it all out, or setting up a farm so that it takes 5-10 minutes, or setting up a mine so that it takes 10-20 minutes. It's still not that long considering how powerful (and honestly if you're using a chest piece of utility, stronger than quantum) enchants can be. Pre-anvil I saw enchants as a bonus, now I see them as a staple. I have shelved my quantum armor in favour of enchanted diamond with longfall as the damage reduction is higher, and diamonds are plentiful thanks to twilight forest (*if you use it*)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Getting them. I have a chicken farm just outside my house. For some reason the chickens keep walking into the dirt blocks that surround it and killing themselves. Kinda puts the dampener on the effectiveness of the feed box in the middle. I've gone from about 14 chickens I had to roam the countryside to find down to a single with 3 chicks following it around. In that time I've gotten maybe 4 feathers as they keep dying while I am off doing something else. Just sick of dealing with it.
Use a ladder to get in and out of your chicken farm and put a perimeter of water flow around the outside walls of the farm, using pressure plates to hold it in place. It takes more effort to build than normal, but a water buffer pushing the chickens away from the wall will greatly lower the risk of them suffocating.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with fences is that if a chunk gets unloaded while a chicken (or other animal for that matter) is standing in the space of the fence, they can clip through it once the chunk is loaded again. This can be mitigated with a chunk loader, but any server or game restart would risk it again. If the server or game is not restarted very often, then it's probably not enough of a risk to be a problem... but there are far better uses for a chunk loader.