Epic Mushroom farming FTB Infinity Evolved... ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi All,

I'm on the FTB Infinity Evolved mod pack on 'hard' mode, sorry that i did not clarify that earlier.

More great ideas here, thanks so much.. I have almost got my 10/10/10 brown mushrooms, should have
them tonight.

-Wuffle!
Good luck Wuffle! :D How did you get your brown shrooms nearly to 10 in the end?

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GamewithnoGame :)

I followed video's like this one

Here's what I did:

1. Raided a couple of villages for mushroom spores
2. Created a 4 x 4 plot of Mycelium behind some black-out curtains in my basement area.
3. Made a mountain of Agricraft crop sticks
4. Planted the crop sticks into all the 16 squares of Mycelium
5. Planted the brown mushroom at one corner.
6. Planted the sticks once again into all the ohter blocks, this creates 'cross sticks', which allow
the mature plant to spawn into adjacent squares, I believe that every time it does this, there's
a 20% chance of improving one of the stats.
7. Come back later, break all the mushrooms, get half of sticks used back
8. Place all seeds into seed analyzer, select one with the highest value when you add the three
stats 'growth, yeild and strength' together.
9. Select best seed sample and dispose of other seeds'
10. repeat from 3.

I now have my 10/10/10 brown mushrooms! Yaay! :)

So I will now build a farm and see if I can use an MFR harvester or an Ender IO farm to just farm
mature.

I'll need to work out how to automate the crop sticks, or see if one of the harvesting machines
can harvest the mature plant without breaking the

The reason I am doing all of this is so I can keep a bunch of EnderIO 'Killer Joe's running on my
powered mob spawners :)

-Wuffle!

M

MagicMage1238

There is a lot of good information here - Not for Mushroom farms alone but for using Argicraft!

Reading this post has brought a whole new understanding of Argicraft for me!

Congrats on the 10 10 10 Mushrooms - I will be using this information to create 10 10 10 Sugar Canes (and possibly other crops as well in the future)

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Forestry farms work amazing with agricraft. Multiple of every plant can go into the smallest farm
Ah! I did not know this! :) I've never really gotten on well with Forestry farms, I seemed to have some issues with getting it to work properly in the original Agrarian Skies pack, but I suspect that was down to me hooking it up incorrectly.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've always only paid attention to the Growth stat when trying to level up my Agricraft Crops. The reasoning being, the higher growth stat will allow me to breed faster (as plants mature faster), and since all the stats are destined for 10, I want the fastest growth cycles available as fast as possible. Next important becomes Strength, because wasting time waiting for clippings to take is annoying. Gain only becomes important when the plant enters production, which doesn't happen until 10's are achieved, so I leave it for last on the list. Doubt it saves more than a few growth cycles, but if you're doing all the Pam's Harvestcraft crops, a few cycles on each helps.

So far as automation, Agricraft works well with most farm types - I've personally used it with Forestry, MFR, Thaumcraft, and Rotarycraft with no problems. None of these methods will break your Crop Sticks when they harvest mature plants. Due to this, if you opt MFR, you'll only need a Harvester (since you will manually seed your farm), some power, and either a void pipe or Sludge Boiler.

I find Forestry farms to be a bit hands on, even for an automated process. I think they changed a bit going from 1.6->1.7, but in both I found they required a bit of maintenance from time to time. I'm sure this is nothing that also couldn't be automated if I had been more familiar with them, but there are usually easier options, and the path of least resistance is so tempting. Regrowth did teach me that a Forestry tree farm can output an astounding amount of wood, so I do respect what it brings to the table.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've not actually used EIO for farming, but my assumption is that it works similarly. At this point, I assume most methods work well with Agricraft. Hell, my buddy used BC Robots to harvest last world, and I'm considering using PneumaticCraft Drones just to see if I can.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I seem to be missing something, because I can't breed brown mushrooms. It crosses potatoes and nether warts, but the nether warts say they won't grow in my garden (overworld). I brought them both to the nether, and now the warts will grow but the potatoes say they won't grow.

How do I cross-breed them if they won't grow in the same environment?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You need to put the netherwart in a darker area, so.. place a block above it to shade it... Netherwart doesn't like bright environments..

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Hm. Put a 3x3 layer of dirt directly above the nether wart, and it still says it can't grow here.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Full dark, out away from my base at night, and it still says it can't grow here. I find that odd since regular nether wart can grow in the overworld. ...Unless it's an option changed in IE? I'll see if I can find the config file for Agricraft.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I don't see that as an option in the config, so I'm guessing that's not the reason the nether wart won't grow.

Any other thoughts?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
The original post is 2 years old... Maybe things have changed a bit since then?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah sorry Hambeau,

I just remember having to put my netherwart under something to keep it dark or it wouldn't crossbreed..

Sorry Brotuulaan, I have no other suggestion.

C

crate

Thanks wuffle, I can use this to get my setup going, goodbye manual labor!

bryanhukle

Aug 13, 2021
@WuffleFluffy
Ok so I built a mushroom farm and rate my specs cuz IDK if this will even work:

• 9 x 9 hole with a dirt floor
  • torch 6 blocks above mushroom
Is this viable? I think it is but I’m worried they aren’t gonna grow. Also if I’m away from the farm will they grow?

Last edited: