Eoraam is never going to release anything,,,

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
It has been nearly 5 and 1/2 years since Eloraam and Redpower mod left Minecraft (version 1.4.7, December 2012). She spends all her time reporting progress on Twitter(@the realeloraam), but never once mentions the possibility of a release for Redpower 3 which is supposed to be an entire game according to her blog(eloraam.com).
Redpower 2 mod for Minecraft 1.4.7 was my all time favorite mod. As a veteran Minecrafter, I feel let down, disappointed and seriously tired of waiting for something which , in my opinion, will never happen.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Sometimes life happens, and plans change. Whatever her original intentions may have been, once she stated that she was moving to a 'standalone game' rather than continuing to mod for minecraft, and never (afaik) officially open-sourced her work, she became irrelevant in my eyes. I appreciate her contributions to the Minecraft modding scene, but I let go of any fanciful ideas of ever seeing that mod being revived back in 2015. I wish her well in whatever takes up her time these days, but RedPower is completely behind me now. Many talented modders have appeared since then, (*cough* @McJty *cough*) that have done some spectacular things to move the modding scene forward.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Wow, long time since I've heard Eloraam mentioned. Gave up worrying about it after all the toxic posts on the MC forums.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I was not around during the drama and I don't know this person one bit, so take this with a grain of salt.

But, I heard the gist of this story and it resonates with some things I've learned back in my mod making days. Sometimes, a project gets to someone's head. They start imagining this feature and that feature and it grows and grows, right along with an ego, and eventually the wood pile gets so big it puts the fire out.

I'd be surprised if anything ever really did come out, and if it did, what do you think the odds are that a random amateur is going to out-Minecraft Minecraft? None. If it was that easy, all the other minecraft clones would have taken off.

So, I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. All the luck to her if she can actually pull something off, but everything I've read about it so far sounds exactly like every other situation I've run into just like it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If she's dumping progress updates on Twitter, then the project's still coming along.

If theres anything about doing a big project that isnt your full time job; you have to balance work/life/family around the project, which leaves a handful of hours each week to actually make progress.
Combine that with being a one-man team and progress becomes rather slow.