Open Environmental Tech Alabaster disabled

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Summary of the problem Environmental Tech Alabaster disabled

Pack Version 1.1.0

What is the bug? Environmental Tech Alabaster disabled in the configs. As a result the Void Minder and solar panels can not be be created.

Mod & Version FTB Beyond 1.1.0 - no modifications

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix Change the config for Environmental Tech - Also the hardened stone recipe works for the blocks needed.

Last edited:

Kurama

Jul 29, 2019
I am positive on the config being disabled in 1.1.0
As it says in config, default is true for several blocks, but disabled.
8c7ff89b5fab1faa66eaf320882911e9.png

As for recipe:
8727f0dbcbcb11de70ceea8640e386ab.png

T

TheDCPlaya

run /mt reload it might be a script issue because im sure they dont require albastar to craft them

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The scripts are actually located in modpack/normal/scripts. While alabaster is disabled there are other blocks you can use to create the Envrionmental Tech machines like the void miner and solar panels.

GScott

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, @Henry Link true. But I find it disheartening that they've disabled the other blocks. Now all your ET machines have to be black. What if that doesn't work for you? I see no good reason for Alabaster to be nuked from the pack. It doesn't conflict with any other block.

GScott

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.. but your resource miner is black; because the only resource that gens in the overworld is Chisel's Basalt. It still seems like there's no valid reason to disable the ET resources.

S

SlightlyLost

Silly question: can you not just make a temporary Basalt based tier 1 resource miner, run it for a while, then swap out the blocks with Alabaster based ones? A white lens should generate them fairly quickly, even at basic tier 1 level.

GScott

Jul 29, 2019
you can; I'm just being the devil's advocate here. I just don't see any good reason why it's disabled. It's just a resource. It doesn't overlap with other blocks and it doesn't introduce any means of gating any feature since you can use the chisel Basalt.

arisado

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft hardened stone (with stone and cobble), make a resource miner with it, that will give you basalt and alabaster. I dont know why the generation of the 3 resources is disabled, but atleast you can get them.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
you can; I'm just being the devil's advocate here. I just don't see any good reason why it's disabled. It's just a resource. It doesn't overlap with other blocks and it doesn't introduce any means of gating any feature since you can use the chisel Basalt.
I see your point, but I wonder if it was something as simple as minimising excess world gen - you need the ores to generate, but you don't need the alabaster or basalt - and if you WANT it you can generate it with the void resource miner. That would be my suspicion - I think that may have been part of why a number of Quark features were disabled too.

Reactions: Booker The Geek