energy to item?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Doctor_Chuckles

Jul 29, 2019
So I know with IC2 you can make energy into uu-matter and make u-matter into stuff like diamonds and iridium, but are there any other mods with things that make power into an item?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know of any that let you replicate item directly from RF.
But the mod would be super cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The laser drill doesn't exactly do what I think op wants. While it does create things from RF it doesn't let you replicate what you want, it just gives you ores.
I was under the impression OP a was looking for a UU style deal. Or a EE2 style condenser dealo.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Doctor_Chuckles

Jul 29, 2019
Well let's clear some stuff up. uu-matter got better and worse. Not so easy anymore, good, I like a challenge. But from many tests, you can't hardly make anything from it anymore! So that's getting ditched until I need diamonds, because I know those work. Laser drill? Eats to much power and makes to little ore to make any difference at all really. Is there not something else? Oh and EE of any type is a big no. Light to diamonds? Op much? I hate EE as it is way to op.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Well... RF can generated by solar. Depends what pack you are useing though and what mods.
Old UU was also diamonds for sunlight. Especially if you had advanced solars.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Overdrive.
Yes. Matter Overdrive for sure. Plus it adds phasers! PEW PEW!
There's also Minechem, if you enjoy ridicu-complicated recipes which, due to the idea, are inherently hard to balance - for example, diamonds are just a bunch of coal/charcoal, while sugar cane requires you to go out of your way to find or craft some rare organic compound. Other than those quirks, though, it's pretty cool. I prefer Matter Overdrive in the end, though; it seems like a more elegant method to me.

Reactions: Azzanine

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Matter Overdrive for sure. Plus it adds phasers! PEW PEW!
There's also Minechem, if you enjoy ridicu-complicated recipes which, due to the idea, are inherently hard to balance - for example, diamonds are just a bunch of coal/charcoal, while sugar cane requires you to go out of your way to find or craft some rare organic compound. Other than those quirks, though, it's pretty cool. I prefer Matter Overdrive in the end, though; it seems like a more elegant method to me.
Plus if you are clever with minechem you will know most organic compounds are comprised of carbon. Then it's saplings to diamonds. All it takes is to decompose the cellulose down further. It is a clever mod thought. It's how EE should have been. Instead of one flat resource each item has constituent parts. EE should have borrowed from the old mythological beliefs of real world alchemists. That everything was made up of 4 elements earth, air, water and fire. Make it so acquiring items requires more than just a cobble gen. As you'd only end up with a lot of earth.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Plus if you are clever with minechem you will know most organic compounds are comprised of carbon. Then it's saplings to diamonds. All it takes is to decompose the cellulose down further. It is a clever mod thought. It's how EE should have been. Instead of one flat resource each item has constituent parts. EE should have borrowed from the old mythological beliefs of real world alchemists. That everything was made up of 4 elements earth, air, water and fire. Make it so acquiring items requires more than just a cobble gen. As you'd only end up with a lot of earth.

Something to keep in mind with minechem though is that you get a lot of ridiculously superficial stuff. So, if you want a single sugar cane, you need to spend the next 15 minutes rummaging through chests, looking for that *one* cactus you found. If you want diamonds, just dump a bunch of coal into a decomposer. It goes the other way as well - want to use saplings to make diamonds? It's possible, maybe even easy, but you'd need to either store (taking up tons of space) or destroy (wasting materials) every other chemical except carbon. The machines themselves are also not cheap, so they can't be used to make production chains for stuff like saplings-to-diamonds in the early game, and early game is the only time you really need a machine like that.

That said, Minechem is still pretty cool; the system just has some flaws which I don't like. They can't really be fixed without totally changing the theme of the mod, so I'm not pushing for any changes. It's cool how it is. On the other hand, I'm going to keep playing with Matter Overdrive. :p

That's a good idea for EE, though. I'd definitely play with that. I'm also mostly ok with EE as it is now, though; it makes getting lots of resources fairly simple, and while many people hate that for being OP, I tend to see it more as a "you have reached god-stage now; build whatever you will" kind of thing. Once I get EE set up, instead of having to decide between getting building materials for aesthetic stuff or building ore processors and such, I can choose BOTH because EE allows easy replication of building stuff. I can then build a tower to the sky or some similar megaproject without worrying about the rarity of the building material I want (hello, quarried stone!). Does that make sense? :p

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
The laser drill doesn't exactly do what I think op wants. While it does create things from RF it doesn't let you replicate what you want, it just gives you ores.
I was under the impression OP a was looking for a UU style deal. Or a EE2 style condenser dealo.

The advanced solar panel mod has a machine that can make.you things from rf

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

RenoFischa

Jul 29, 2019
When you have also installed Advanced Solar Panels you can turn things into other things with a molecular transformer.
The molecular transformer needs huge amount of power. For example you can turn one wither skeleton skull to one nether star.