Energy Tesseract Problem

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I've got my network for MJ running based off of an energy tesseract, and the energy output is no where near what I have calculated it to be.. So I was wondering where my problem is.

Currently at my producing end, I've got 144MJ/t of steam engines running, this feeds into an energy conduit (-5% = 136.8) then from there into an energy tesseract (-25% = 102.6), then on the receiving end, the energy tesseract outputs into an energy conduit (-5% = 97.47). So the net output should be 97.47MJ/t, however, I'm only getting 55MJ/t

The engines are divided up into four sections each running into a seperate conduit which runs into a seperate face of the input tesseract, so each face is only receiving 34ish MJ/t and this shows up using an MJ reader on the input conduit to the tesseract.

Long story short if I reverse calculate how much energy it takes to produce 55MJ/t output, that results in 80MJ/t input into the system.. So I thought I could rule out the energy tesseract input limiting it to 100MJ/t.

How is it that the numbers are so vastly different?

fyj

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to get 95MJ/t out (100 cap - 5% cause of conduits on other side). Are you sure the machines at the other end are actually capable of taking more than 55MJ/t?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Had a similar problem when setting up my system. Turns out I wasnt pulling enough steam from the boilers. I believe you need 9 liquiduct valves or 4 if powered (hit with a wrench and redstone signal applied)

Also, just in case, maybe check that your Industrial Steam Engines are all putting out a full 8MJ/t.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Had a similar problem when setting up my system. Turns out I wasnt pulling enough steam from the boilers. I believe you need 9 liquiduct valves or 4 if powered (hit with a wrench and redstone signal applied)

Also, just in case, maybe check that your Industrial Steam Engines are all putting out a full 8MJ/t.

Sorry to say, but that's not the solution, I've got every face of my steam boiler covered in liquiducts because it looks awesome P:
So that's 44 liquiduct out valves to four in valves into my liquid tesseract.

All 12 of my industrial steam engines are outputting 8MJ/t, and the other 12 of my commercial steam engines are outputting 4MJ/t

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Found the problem..

It's about the engines outputting energy when they stroke, so buildcraft engines output power when they stroke, and build up a big amount at whatever rate they produce at, then stroke again.

So the upstroke produces a 100MJ/t from the output, but then it goes to 14MJ/t and flicks in between the two giving an average of 55MJ/t

So I think this shall be fixed by adding in a few redstone energy cells as capacitors

EDIT:
No such luck with attempting to add redstone energy cells...

It appears to only be drawing from one Energy cell instead of all four equally