Energy Tesseract Limits?

fyj

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about limits to the amount of power you can pump through a tesseract (MJ/t wise)? I know you lose 25%, but is there any upper-limit to how much will pass through one tesseract.

I haven't been very scientific about it, but in my setup I had about 20 restone energy cells with conduit down the side that leads to 3 full size boilers powering them up (Looking they're fully charged). I then have a cable up the energy cells (All wrenched to orange), and 1 cable out from that for a conduit (wrenched blue) to a send-only energy tesseract. At this point I'd expect to be able to pull 20 * 100 * 0.75 = 1500 MJ/t, at least till my 20 energy cells run out, but it doesn't seem willing to pull more than 100.

The problem I then get is that in my bee farm when I start pulling large amounts of power (Using multiple extrabees machines at once) I run out of power. The pull is nothing like 1500 MJ/t - more like 300-400ish ballpark. Looking back at base the energy cells still have power, and multi-tooling around it looks like only about 100 energy is actually going into the tesseract. I tried making more input tesseracts and it feels like more is being transferred (Haven't measured specifically, but with 3 send tesseracts hooked to the same line of conduits it keeps up with my usage, with 1 it didn't). I didn't seem to need multiple receiving, just sending.

I had a theory it could only pull from 1 cell, but once I dropped all 20 cells to "10" output instead of 100 I could see it was still getting the same power and pulling from 10 so I don't think that's it... If nobody knows I'll likely do some experiments in creative and measure it a bit more accurately but I thought someone might know & save me some effort :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
But I don't think that's the limit that can pass out of a network of tesseracts, just the transfer limit one tesseract

I think it works, if you put down two energy tesseracts each pulling from the same input frequency, you can pull out 100MJ/t from each, thus a net total for 200MJ/t for your network, given that 200MJ/t is entering your tesseract network (plus losses)

fyj

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info - figured there must've been a limit, nice to know it's 100. Surprised I couldn't find it - checked all the wikis I know of & did some searching but got nowhere so thanks again :) Going to guess the 100 is pre-25% loss (for 75 sent, otherwise it'd be 133 1/3 input to get 100 out which I doubt would be a default :p)

Hydra: I hadn't actually tried to exceed 500, only expected the capacity above it, but interesting to know if that's the limit on the conduits :)

BTW Adonis: Judging by my experiments the limit is on the send not the receive, but the idea does work (3 senders all on 1 frequency gave me greater output).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading somewhere that the limit is on sending and that it's per side. So that you could send more if you add conduits to multiple sides.

Zuusu

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to open a old thread, but I was wondering if this is true?

I have 5 quarrys and 840 MJ/t.

I have 1 energy tesseract for the output from the conduits, then 1 energy tesseract each for every quarry.
Do they split on the 75 Mj/t? That would explain why I think it feel slow.

Also do the conduit really have 500 MJ/t limit? I need more for my AE and machines, guess I can move that to EU but :/

So basically,
1. With 1 tesseract at the MJ source, do you get limited to 100 (75) MJ/t even with multiple destination tesseracts?
2. Are there a limit on conduits?

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
1. With 1 tesseract at the MJ source, do you get limited to 100 (75) MJ/t even with multiple destination tesseracts?

This is a fact the number is set in the config file it can be changed but most people leave it alone

Zuusu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! This explains so much! Like why my ME Networks need more power then I thought it should, gonna run a conduit over there now instead! =D