Energy Siphon questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to Cheat in an end crystal?

On an old server someone had moved the crystal from the end, but a nosy OP had accidentally broken it.
He couldn't find any way, not via NEI or /give to spawn in an ender crystal.

Neah, they're entities, so there's no item or block associated with them which you could spawn. There are crystal spawning eggs, but those don't work anymore.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
It does so little damage, though, that I wonder why some players worry about it so much - the only flux effect I've seen that's an actual threat is hostile wisps, which can be neutralized with a small cage around your node.

I don't know if it was a Thaumcraft-related Lightning Strike, but I've had one strongly discourage me from ever building houses out of wood ever again. Charged Creepers and dead cows are also things that have happened.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I take that back now that I've tried actually building and running a dragon egg energy siphon... I don't use a lot of wood in my buildings, but I do have a few golems working for me, and they've been getting repeatedly killed by flux lightning. Seems like flux is kinda like ghasts, in that it's not a huge direct threat, but can cause a lot of trouble by destroying your stuff if left unchecked.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Question solved I guess: build it in the end. Where theres 0 aura. Even if there's lightning strikes, it prolly wont hurt. Except when you mine sheldonite, and right before you collect what you just mined, boom. precious sheldonite. Into fire. GG