Energy from combustion engine stays in pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

olem88

Jul 29, 2019
hello.

I¨ve been having a problem lately.

I got 6 combustion engines that wont transport energy properly.
At first they worked without issues.

But after I died, the power wont transport trough the conductive pipes.

They are hocked up to wooden conductive pipe, and then gold conductive pipe all the way to my quarry.
Problem is the energy is stopping at the first golden conductive pipe, and it builds up, turns red and explodes.

And they are problerly cooled, and are powered with fuel.

Im running Direwolf20 server (only for my self and a friend)

gsx2a

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it is connected to your quarry and not broken somewhere along the way? And does your quarry have work to do or is it finished?

olem88

Jul 29, 2019
well, i just removed the quarry, and placed it at the same location, and rerouted the conductive pipes and it started working.

The previous quarry had just started, and was about to remove the first top blocks, so it had work to do, and was correctly connected to the combustion engine.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
well, i just removed the quarry, and placed it at the same location, and rerouted the conductive pipes and it started working.

The previous quarry had just started, and was about to remove the first top blocks, so it had work to do, and was correctly connected to the combustion engine.

Couple of small tips: Use redstone energy conduits as soon as you are able to. These are far more reliable and do not explode. I also recommend using magmatic engines over combustion engines (although they produce a little bit less than combustion engines running on fuel, they don't explode, they just overheat if their internal energy storage gets filled completely)

As for your problem: were the wooden coductive pipes configured properly?

olem88

Jul 29, 2019
Im coming from tekkit, so Im not familier with magmatic engines (just like 99% of the rest in FTB/direwolf20). (Its actually first time I use combustion engine, since I spawned next to an oil source, I used steam engine before)
And the wooden conductive pipes was connected FIRST to the combustion engine, and then golden conductive pipes.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
I guess you had some kind of glitched out pipe somewhere then. Also, you should look into the magmatic engines (and Thermal Expansion as a whole). Once you found out how good they are, you're never going to even bother with combustions again :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.