Energy Conversion Issue

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
...75 boilers with a total of 1,350 engines...

:eek:o_O

Wow ! Would be / would have been very cool to see !

Currently, I'm at 10 boilers and 180 engines and that has suited my needs just right. I can run 3x MFR lasers at full speed or else 2x MFR lasers + lots of ExtraBees when I'm in bee-breeding mode. I have 20x TE RECs acting as MJ buffers. They don't seem to cause any lag at all. I have the boilers and engines in a separate "power room" along with my big fuel tanks. It causes some client lag, but not too bad.

I've done "big base" builds before, but this time around, I used MystCraft to keep my areas separate and that has helped tremendously.

I bet I could get 1000+ engines without too many server or client issues if I limited them, to say, 100 to 200 engines per client-loaded area, which means spread out across 5 to 10 sites, but that would defeat the purpose of impressive "scale". Might as well build 1 for show and PowerConvert for power beyond that.

Reactions: Staxed
D

Deleted member 38496

What I don't understand is why you're using Electrical Engines to power your AE system in the first place. If you're having any energy issues, it makes far more sense to power the network directly with EU as the efficiency of your engines combined with AE's EU to MJ ratio means that you're losing a lot of energy. It would be significantly more efficient to power the network solely on EU and use a smaller number of engines to provide MJ for your other machines.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I believe OP stated earlier his AE system is remote. AFAIK, there is no IC2 EU equivalent of the TE Energy Tesseract.

D

Deleted member 38496

Ah, that makes more sense then. Although there is of course the standby of enderchests, turtles, and MFSUs to transfer energy with lapotron crystals or ultimate lappacks or whatever. Actually, with Dartcraft on 1.5.2, you could probably use turtles with force wrenches to just pick up the MFSUs themselves...

Reactions: PeggleFrank

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I was at 150 or so engines before the server restarted into a harder pack and I suffered no client lag or server lag with a chunk loader loading that, a +10 chunk wide area, and multiple smeltery places. That being said, I produced more then enough power for what I needed at the time but, if the map stayed the same, I might of needed to add a lot more once I got into MR stuff.

Thanks for all the help.