Energy conduits

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that leadstone energy conduits have a can hold a maximum of 480 RF. Each input can accept 80 RF into a line of conduits. My question is about output. Is the maximum output per connection also 80RF? Which would allow 6 separate outputs of 80RF each. Is this correct?

So this would then mean hardened conduits can input/output 400RF per connection?

I am real fuzzy on this bit?

Is there then a better base cable that acts as TE conduit (connecting to other mod machines and converting RF/MJ/J/Watts...)

Thanks for any information

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Input and Output is on a per connection basis.

EnderIO conduits have higher limits than the TE ones, and function almost identically. The only difference is that the EnderIO conduits can be placed into the same block as several other EnderIO cables and pipes.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
One thing I've noticed is if I have two dynamos pointing into a cell, only one dynamo seems to drain and continue to pump into the cell, while the other one just sits there.
I've double and triple checked to make sure the cell is showing "receive" on the sides the dynamos are pointing into. Is there something I'm missing?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yep.

_ _______________
_|_____________|_
_|_____________|_
_|_____________|_
_|_____________|_

IN_____________OUT

If each underscore above IN is an 80 RF/t connection, and every underscore above OUT is a machine that only accepts 80 RF/t, this system will be successful.

i.e. Even though leadstone energy conduits are rated at 80 RF/t, as you can see there is 400 RF/t being cycled through this system. This is why people say "you can transfer infinite RF/t, but is limited by the number of connections".

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've noticed is if I have two dynamos pointing into a cell, only one dynamo seems to drain and continue to pump into the cell, while the other one just sits there.
I've double and triple checked to make sure the cell is showing "receive" on the sides the dynamos are pointing into. Is there something I'm missing?

The cells have configurable faces you can toggle between:

blue : input
orange : output
yellow : deactivated

By default, I believe all faces except the bottom (??) are blue and the 1 orange face is the bottom (??). Go into the GUI of the energy cell, click on the 'faces' tab on the right side, and cycle through until the faces until all are blue. Your dynamo should then be able to supply the energy cell with RF.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The cells have configurable faces you can toggle between:

blue : input
orange : output
yellow : deactivated

By default, I believe all faces except the bottom (??) are blue and the 1 orange face is the bottom (??). Go into the GUI of the energy cell, click on the 'faces' tab on the right side, and cycle through until the faces until all are blue. Your dynamo should then be able to supply the energy cell with RF.

I set all the sides to blue, as stated, and still one of the two dynamos just sits idle while the other one depleats it's internal storage and pumps all newly generated RF into the cell.

*edit* It should be noted that I also set the RF input to 400 RF/t, and using magmatics, this should be more than enough to take in from two of them.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
How many connections do you have to your cell? Each connection using the leadstone conduits can only transfer 80 rf/tick. You will need two connections to the cell to receive energy from two dynamos.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Is the cell that isn't draining "active"? Perhaps there's a lever giving it a redstone signal while the dynamo is set to active on low signal (default).
The dynamo will hold its internal charge if "inactive".