Bug Enderthermic pump not working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi all, I'm playing UHS and I can't get the enderthermic pump to work. Or rather, it did work for a while b ut then it just stopped. Replacing it doesn't help. I have been trying to find info on the web and it is a bit confusing. Some say it has to be directly over the lava (I tried that and then it worked for a while but stops after a while). Some say there has to be an empty space between the lava and the pump. I also tried that with no luck. I also see no cobblestone appear anywhere. Here is my setup:

ut1hfyO.png

Any ideas?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the fluiduct needs to be wrenched, I think the pump will automatically eject into the fluiduct.
but because you've it wrenched the pump can't automatically eject, and thus can't eject the lava, so it's internal storage fills up and it stops working

Reactions: McJty

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I don't think the fluiduct needs to be wrenched, I think the pump will automatically eject into the fluiduct.
but because you've it wrenched the pump can't automatically eject, and thus can't eject the lava, so it's internal storage fills up and it stops working

Oh! That could be it. I'm going to try that this evening. Thanks for the tip!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
lower the pump one block

Yes, welcome to the camp that says it should be lowered (50% of the people). But apparently the other half got it working too :)

Seems to be a lot of confusion on some things. Pity mod authors don't always document their things well (/me avoids that in his own mod)

And BTW, I had it lowered at first. Didn't help.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, welcome to the camp that says it should be lowered (50% of the people). But apparently the other half got it working too :)

Seems to be a lot of confusion on some things. Pity mod authors don't always document their things well (/me avoids that in his own mod)

And BTW, I had it lowered at first. Didn't help.
Try and look the pump up in NEI. Click the arrows at the top and you get several pages of information on the pump including:
The only major difference is that it MUST be placed above the surface level of the lava lake, although since It can pump through solid blocks it doesn't need to be directly placed over the lava itself.
And all Extra Utilities have these in-game descriptions in NEI.

Reactions: McJty

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
now that I look at the image... shouldn't the tesseract be able to be connected straight onto the pump?
the pump should immediatly take RF, so there's no need for conduits towards the pump
the tesseract should also be able to immediatly take in liquids, so why not connect the tesseract straight onto the pump?
guess it's been a while since I last used the pump...

Reactions: kaovalin

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
now that I look at the image... shouldn't the tesseract be able to be connected straight onto the pump?
the pump should immediatly take RF, so there's no need for conduits towards the pump
the tesseract should also be able to immediatly take in liquids, so why not connect the tesseract straight onto the pump?
guess it's been a while since I last used the pump...
One possible problem might indeed be that the fluiduct is set to export mode with a servo. Instead it should just be normal(or not there at all) as the pump outputs automatically.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Can we see the tesseract configs as well as the input side of the tesseract if there still are problems?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I got it to work by unwrenching the liquid pipes and lowering the pump one block. All is ok now. Thanks for the help