Endertanks vs Tesseracts Pros And Cons?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Qwertz

Jul 29, 2019
Which is better for liquid sharing, endertanks or liquid tesseracts? I am going to set up some shared liquids on the server I play on and am trying to decide which would be better to use in a system where any player on the server has the use of a whole array of shared liquids. Seed oil, lava, honey, etc.

Sinnaj63

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid Tesseract is definetly the best choose, since it has a better Frequency System an in not as cheap as a OP Enderstorage.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The way you can easily set up private frequency channels with tesseracts is IMHO superior to the endertanks. Also it's a 'pre' that tesseracts themselves actually don't store any liquids.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the difference is that you need to pump out of the Ender Tank, but the tesserack doesn't store anything, it just transmits, so you just need to connect the correct pipes.

Ender tanks are great for when you need actual storage to be split, but those are usually very specific cases, so specific that I don't see one right now.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As a liqud transport system:
Endertanks:
+ Relatively cheap (in comparison to the diamonds, and such of Tesseracts)
+ Relatively simple to make (no multi-stage crafting)
+ (Debatably) Single sided. No issues with crossing over
- Require some form of force to move liquids out
- Frequency system is a little complicated/requires extra items

Tessracts:
+ Simple to set up
+ Public/Private frequencies work much better
+ Motion is kind of carried over form the input side
- Complicated to make (need at least induction smelter, magma crucible and liquid transposer)
- Costly (4 ender pearls + diamond, silver, etc.)

To be honest, the endertanks are earlier-game for me. Tessearacts are much better for set-and-forget systems. If they bring out a portable version (sort of like an everfull bucket, similar in principle to the ender pouches), then there will be much more point to running both systems in parallel.[DOUBLEPOST=1363782652][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, the difference is that you need to pump out of the Ender Tank, but the tesserack doesn't store anything, it just transmits, so you just need to connect the correct pipes.

Ender tanks are great for when you need actual storage to be split, but those are usually very specific cases, so specific that I don't see one right now.
Actually, you can mix and match pipes with tesseracts (definitely waterproof pipes/liquiducts, not sure about RP liquid pipes).

Mainly because the way that they work is that they have essentially a tiny, auto-ejecting inventory that's shared between the devices.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to actively pump out of an Endertank, just flip the small valve at the front. Private frequencies are also possible in the same way you'd set an Enderchest to private, right click the valve with a diamond. But I also still prefer Tesseracts since it is way easier to manage frequencies with them, never been a fan of colorcoding and keeping track of all the colors I used.

Sinnaj63

Jul 29, 2019
As a liqud transport system:
Endertanks:
- Relatively OP (in comparison to the diamonds, and such of Tesseracts)
- Relatively simple and OP to make (no multi-stage crafting)
+ (Debatably) Single sided. No issues with crossing over
- Require some form of force to move liquids out
- Frequency system is a little complicated/requires extra items

Tessracts:
+ Simple to set up
+ Public/Private frequencies work much better
+ Motion is kind of carried over form the input side
+Balanced to make (need at least induction smelter, magma crucible and liquid transposer)
+ Not OP Recipe (4 ender pearls + diamond, silver, etc.)
I corrected it for you.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
Actually, you can mix and match pipes with tesseracts (definitely waterproof pipes/liquiducts, not sure about RP liquid pipes).

Mainly because the way that they work is that they have essentially a tiny, auto-ejecting inventory that's shared between the devices.
What I meant is that you need to connect liquid-able pipes/anything.
In theory, you should also be able to connect it directly to a tank input to output into it too.

volbia

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer EnderTanks if only because they're simpler and less... annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've set my Liquid Tesseract channels for my pump only to go back to base and its not getting lava, oh hey it didn't save the channel...again. Not to mention liquid tesseracts sometimes bug out and straight up crash me. (DW20 pack) makes me prefer the ender tanks because I'm picking up my pump and moving it over every couple hours because I've drained the lava in the nether nearby.

Reactions: schyman

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Tesseracts are nice, if somewhat more expensive(need a larger infrastructure to make one), and Code Chicken made her tanks really nice(they show what's in them! That's pretty swanky to me, if completely useless and causes me more lag), but honestly? I use A better Endertank. Tesseracts are expensive because you need a large amount of stuff already to craft them. CC's Endertanks cause me lag when I use them(same as any tank which I can see liquid in, but somehow worse then even a giant iron tank), but ShetiPhian has Ender Buckets.

Reactions: Guswut

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer EnderTanks if only because they're simpler and less... annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've set my Liquid Tesseract channels for my pump only to go back to base and its not getting lava, oh hey it didn't save the channel...again. Not to mention liquid tesseracts sometimes bug out and straight up crash me. (DW20 pack) makes me prefer the ender tanks because I'm picking up my pump and moving it over every couple hours because I've drained the lava in the nether nearby.

In that situation wouldn't it be just as easy to move a cube as it is a tank?
If not, I'd tank->Tank->cube it.

Merovech

Jul 29, 2019
There is no reason not to use both, I use tesseracts for general transport to tanks and other constant flow locations (engines and gens) , but Ender out of the tanks to machines since you can easily use gates & pipewire to more easily automate when combined with liquiducts.... also they look kinda BA IMHO. DW put up a nice automation not long ago on his SMP that I had not even considered doing this using the tConstruct Smelteries, then again it never occurred to me to try to attach a smeltery spout to an Ender Tank.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
Here's my opinion:
Ender tanks are a lot cheaper, the only hard part is the blaze rods
Ender tanks can also be directly used with any sort of liquid storage device (bucket, can, etc) so it'd be a bit more convenient to use

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't endertank have it own chunkloader ability while tesseract don't?
No. They still need to be chunk loaded.

I personally use both and don't see it as a vs situation. Tesseracts are faster but in my builds I like having tanks and easy access to my liquids. End errands help with this. I tend to use both in any case depending on my needs

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
As this thread has depicted, it's more of a cost issue. Ender tanks are a lot cheaper than tesseracts. Ender tanks don't require any machinery at all (iirc) to build, where as tesseracts require three TE machines, excluding all ore processing, etc.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I like to have an ender tank connected to an aqueous accumulator underneath my workshop with a partnered ender tank in a neat place near my main crafting area where I spend most of my in game time (and other places should I wish) so that I have easy bucket refilling places throughout my base without the need for infinite water pools everywhere

Reactions: Slaagathor

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, for a server,wouldn't a tess be better since only the owner can remove it while the tank, even if you 'locked' it with a diamond, can still be removed by anyone?