EnderIO - Ender IO and Staff of Travelling?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
There appears to be conflicting information about this. The wiki says once you've synced the staff with the block, you can connect to it from anywhere. If that's so, I can't get it to be synced, and the old spotlight where this was done by right-click is outdated. The Ender IO now has a GUI which lets me put an image of the staff in, but that doesn't appear to do anything - when I right-click with the staff, nothing happens. A newer spotlight says you can only connect within render distance, and that does work, but if the Ender IO has been changed so any distance doesn't work anymore, what's the GUI for?

So, can I use the Staff of Travelling with the EnderIO block to interact with blocks around it from anywhere? If so, how does that work? All the relevant chunks are chunk-loaded.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I don't think it can be done from anywhere. You have to be within render distance of the enderio block.

Reactions: RedBoss

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't work like that. It doesn't need to be synced, but as @McJty said, it has a maximum distance. The distance is larger than the one you can go just by using the anchors though.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
It doesn't work like that. It doesn't need to be synced, but as @McJty said, it has a maximum distance. The distance is larger than the one you can go just by using the anchors though.
The thing is, both a spotlight and the wiki says that the target must be in render distance OR the chunk must be loaded. Which appears to imply you needn't necessarily see the Ender IO block. Also the wiki explicitly mentioned the syncing *and* there is GUI for it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well I can only get it to work when I actually select the enderio block from a distance. So for me at least it has to be in render distance (but I can see it through walls though as long as I have the travelling staff in my hand).

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Then the Ender IO wiki is either out of date or only relevant for the changes in 1.7. I barely move anymore without that staff within by base, I know it by heart =)

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered this a while back after some experimentation; The GUI is to set an access code for friends-only mode. You can put various items in to create a code to give your friends so only those with the code can teleport to that block.