Ender tech

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I love the exchanger. That being said I'm still not understanding why I would want to build the tanks. Omg they are expensive. What are the pros over say rail craft tanks? Am I missing something?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I love the exchanger. That being said I'm still not understanding why I would want to build the tanks. Omg they are expensive. What are the pros over say rail craft tanks? Am I missing something?
they hold an insane amount of liquid they can hold more then bedrock barrel only drawback is the price and the power requirement on them

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
But they're super expensive. The question I'm wondering is that ok an iron tank from rail craft can hold over 500 buckets per interior block, steel about a 1100. Ender tech, 128 buckets. According to their respective wikis... So where is the benefit? Our is it to make the mechanic more challenging

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
But they're super expensive. The question I'm wondering is that ok an iron tank from rail craft can hold over 500 buckets per interior block, steel about a 1100. Ender tech, 128 buckets. According to their respective wikis... So where is the benefit? Our is it to make the mechanic more challenging

The railcraft figures are in mB. The ender tank holds 128 B per interior block. This is over a hundred times more than a steel tank.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Do the Ender Tech tanks have a throughput limit (like the valves on a RC tank do)? This could be a solution to a nagging problem...

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
Do the Ender Tech tanks have a throughput limit (like the valves on a RC tank do)? This could be a solution to a nagging problem...

I tested one, and it seemed like it didn't accept water very fast. I had several transfer nodes maxed out (30 B/t), and it wasn't filling as I expected it. But this is a hunch.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Such a shame. I'm still seeking high throughput fluid transfer and storage. Best I've found in Infinity is XU into Bedrockium Drums.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
The railcraft figures are in mB. The ender tank holds 128 B per interior block. This is over a hundred times more than a steel tank.

well the wiki should be corrected then because it says the measurements are in buckets. I'd have to build one to see if that's true or not, and I will. I like their appearance anyways. And they are cheaper.

3x3 would leave 1 space inside so 576 milibuckets that doesn't make any sense because that's half a bucket. Why spend all those resources to make space for half a bucket when I can make a hole in the ground and store a whole bucket?

I'll test it in creative later. That still seems like a heck of a lot of trouble even if it is 128 buckets.

RlwFkgl.jpg

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
railcraft tanks are 16 buckets per block for iron and 32 buckets per block for steel(not just internal space)
and 3x3x4(which is what you have marked on the table) would have 2 internal spaces anyway

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Just a preliminary run down of the numbers but it looks like you need really build a much larger tank for it to be superior to a rail craft tank... of course my math could be wrong.

If we take the same understanding and measure them the same being total volume divided number of blocks rather than internal space we will see that for a per block quantity that the ender tanks are lacking until you reach a size greater than that of the 5x5. In fact 7x5x5 only justs starts being better than a steel tank and only barely. Once they reach 7x7 well sure they blow railcraft tanks out of the water. Of course at that point you're spending more than 16,000,000 rf to fill or empty completely... Not sure what the throughput is on speed for all the tanks but for the over whelming cost vs where you have to start getting a benefit... I'm going to stick personally with railcraft tanks as I don't think I'd ever have a need for slightly more liquid in the same space. but that's just me....

PQGxJtq.jpg

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
well the wiki should be corrected then because it says the measurements are in buckets. I'd have to build one to see if that's true or not, and I will. I like their appearance anyways. And they are cheaper.

3x3 would leave 1 space inside so 576 milibuckets that doesn't make any sense because that's half a bucket. Why spend all those resources to make space for half a bucket when I can make a hole in the ground and store a whole bucket?

I'll test it in creative later. That still seems like a heck of a lot of trouble even if it is 128 buckets.

RlwFkgl.jpg

your not reading the wiki correctly that number is total amount of buckets a tank of that size will hold a 3x3x4 iron tank holds 576 buckets railcraft tanks count the tank blocks as liquid space so 3x3x4 =36x16 =576

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
your not reading the wiki correctly that number is total amount of buckets a tank of that size will hold a 3x3x4 iron tank holds 576 buckets railcraft tanks count the tank blocks as liquid space so 3x3x4 =36x16 =576

Please read the thread and all of the comments. I understand that they are in buckets.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Yeah, your maths seems a little wrong there.

The smallest Steel Tank holds 1,152,000 mB of liquid. [32,000 x 3 x 3 x 4]
An EnderTech tank of the same size holds 1,024,000 mB of liquid. [512,000 x 1 x 1 x 2] (~28,444 mB/block)

This seems small, but naturally, as the EnderTech tank gets bigger, it gets hugely more powerful.

A [9 x 9 x 8] (Maximum Size) Steel Tank can hold 20,736,000 mB of liquid. [32,000 x 9 x 9 x 8]
An Ender Tank of only [5 x 5 x 7] is able to match and surpass the Steel Tank, being able to hold 23,040,000 mB of liquid. [512,000 x 3 x 3 x 5] (~131,657 mB/block)
A max-size Ender Tank [8 x 8 x 10, smaller than Steel Tank] is able to hold a whole 147,456,000 mB of liquid. [512,000 x 6 x 6 x 8] (~230,400 mB/block)

Plus, for space efficiency, the Ender Tank's pretty great. a 5m cube of Ender Tank can hold 13,824,000 mB (~110,592 mB/block), while the exact same Steel Tank can only hold 4,000,000 mB.

( I also made a spreadsheet cause I'm a nerd. )

... Why you would NEED that much of any liquid, though, is beyond me.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
I never said you could? The EnderTech tanks only count the inside of the multiblock as the "fillable area" of the tank, so only [1x1x2] counts in the equation for determining how full the tank is, while Steel Tanks count the entire multiblock as the "fillable area" of the tank, so the entire [3x3x4] area would count in the equation. (I did say "An EnderTech Tank of the same size" in my post ;U)

Basically: 1x1x2 is the INTERNAL area of the tank. The smallest EnderTech tank is 3x3x3.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is how they count but that is like comparing apples to oranges and doesn't take into account actual size. So my math is broken down by per block because even if it counts only the inside, the total volume can still be represented by a per block ratio