Ender pearls in Monster Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
How do you guys source your Ender pearls in Monster, with the lack of EE3 for 1.6?

Endermen and proving elusive at best, and I've yet to come across ender lilies - and desperate for an ender pearl is an understatement.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Yeah currently building a darkroom and hoping for the best.

I never seem to have luck with endermen in darkrooms. I always get a truckload of spiders.

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
Should you find one ender pearl, Mimicry will let you make many. One mimichite plus a pearl will give you 16 ender pearl dust, and 9 of those dusts will make one pearl.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Yeah that spawner looks very neat, and will make one.

Unrelated question, but to which I need an answer for this project ... I saw Direwolf in his last let's play, place a bobblestone block on top of water, in the middle of a lake while swimming.

How the hell did he do that? I thought you couldn't place anything on water unless you have a lilypad to begin with.

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen the episode in question, but angel blocks from Extra Utilities can be placed without needing to touch another block, so you can put one down, then stick another block next to that, then build from there.

Reactions: PierceSG

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Ah now I noticed what he did.

He attached it to a Thaumcraft node that was floating 2 blocks above water.

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
If none of these workarounds suffice, you could always just add the 1.6.4 ee3 mod. I realise that this could be considered cheap, or cheating, but it works.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Was it updated to 1.6.4? Last I checked it was still a work in progress

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Another tip I found is I have my initial house setup in an Ominous Woods biome and I see two mobs spawn there more than others. Cave Spiders and Endermen.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I've been pretty lucky with ender lily seeds in chests, currently got about 18 of them set up and a few stacks of pearls in my chests.

Reactions: Odovbold

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I've been pretty lucky with ender lily seeds in chests, currently got about 18 of them set up and a few stacks of pearls in my chests.

This works great, particularly if you're willing to dabble in a bit of Mystcraft. One of my first 3 random ages was a cave world that had a very high surface. What do we find on very high surfaces? Thaumcraft obsidian shrines. The top of that age is littered with them.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
In Monster, as above - 100% lily seeds. Travel around and find some TC chests (Greatwoods, shrines).

Enable MeteorCraft and you will have plenty of endstone to plant them on, long before you need to go to the End.

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2013-12-29_19-11-47.png

Idk if you can see, but is this dark room big enough to spawn enderman

EDIT: nothing seems to be spawning in here except bats :<

Last edited: