Ender Pearl farm not working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darthmichael7

Jul 29, 2019
I recall reading about this before. If the server is empty all the soulshards work perfectly. If a player is only it despawns the mobs --- I thought the player also had to be in the same dimension to force them to despawn.

If mystcraft is available you might try putting your spawners in a world no one uses. If you just have the basic dimensions you might put them all in the end and have an agreement on the server to minimize time spent in the end.

I play on mindcrack so there is no mystcraft. But I do personally own the end. Tested and confirmed to work in SSP for my current modpack version. Thanks so much!

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Im having the same issues with the soulshard spawners, i have pigman, skelly, wither skelly, creeper and enderman tier5 shards and sadly the farm only works when a player is less than 144 blocks from it, its pretty wierd considering you still have to activate them with a redstone signal.
I have been logging my GFs account since she is out of town and leaving her close to the spawners but as you guys can imagine its not a solution.
I did read somewhere that the mods author is MIA also, maybe when the 1.5 update comes we are gonna loose the mod?

/manu

MrAgle

Jul 29, 2019
Can endermen teleport out of quicksand?

I was wondering about dropping the spawns from my T5 soul shard spawner down onto a layer of quicksand, 3 blocks off the ground. In theory, they'd sink into the sand and suffocate when their feet reach the solid ground, leaving me a two-block tall area under the quicksand to set up pearl collection or maybe combat golems to kill and gather xp. Or is this just a bad idea?

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
Can endermen teleport out of quicksand?

I was wondering about dropping the spawns from my T5 soul shard spawner down onto a layer of quicksand, 3 blocks off the ground. In theory, they'd sink into the sand and suffocate when their feet reach the solid ground, leaving me a two-block tall area under the quicksand to set up pearl collection or maybe combat golems to kill and gather xp. Or is this just a bad idea?
They do not teleport out of quicksand. Not the fastest way to get ender pearls but it is very effective.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a t5 blaze spawner setup with water flow forward into waiting melee turtles and transposers. I wanted to double duty the room and hook up a second lever for a t5 enderman spawner. Will they teleport away once they hit the water or hit by the turtles or will they stay trapped in there. Melee turtles count as player entities, so that might make them warp away. Rather not have a fall trap if I can avoid it and the End is like 800m that way over an ocean...Kinda of a pain to get to. I suppose I could check to see if there is a closer Stronghold, but mleh.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I have a t5 blaze spawner setup with water flow forward into waiting melee turtles and transposers. I wanted to double duty the room and hook up a second lever for a t5 enderman spawner. Will they teleport away once they hit the water or hit by the turtles or will they stay trapped in there. Melee turtles count as player entities, so that might make them warp away. Rather not have a fall trap if I can avoid it and the End is like 800m that way over an ocean...Kinda of a pain to get to. I suppose I could check to see if there is a closer Stronghold, but mleh.

If you are in ultimate you can replace the water with MFR conveyors.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Not using Ultimate in this case. Wouldn't the turtles cause them to port away as well though. Mostly just academic queestions here.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Not using Ultimate in this case. Wouldn't the turtles cause them to port away as well though. Mostly just academic queestions here.
Didn't think about that. Do the turtles 1-hit endermen? If yes, then they should work fine. If no, then there is a chance for teleporting(I think).
I use the MFR Grinder + Conveyor + Auto-Spawner

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the case of blazes I think it is usually a one hit, but not always. They wind up being partly damaged by the water by the time they flow to the turtles. And blazes aren't the sturdiest of critters, so... My guess is the ender would hit the water and bug out or failing that, then definately once the turtles got in a good swing. Pity really, was gonna have one nice mob spawn room where you could flip a level depending on what flavor of critter you wanted. Or all of them if you enjoy a romanesque gladitorial blood bath. ;) Still, would work for everything else.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Built my enderman spawner in a Void World dropping them into flowing water pushing to Mellee turtles.
Covered entire building with water also prevents them from teleporting anywhere so they bounce around in the flowing water (not sure if water damages). Max couple hits from turtles kills them.
Not overly helpful if you don't have myscraft though. Just confirming they will spawn ontop of water and bounce around if they have nowhere to go.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the case of blazes I think it is usually a one hit, but not always. They wind up being partly damaged by the water by the time they flow to the turtles. And blazes aren't the sturdiest of critters, so... My guess is the ender would hit the water and bug out or failing that, then definately once the turtles got in a good swing. Pity really, was gonna have one nice mob spawn room where you could flip a level depending on what flavor of critter you wanted. Or all of them if you enjoy a romanesque gladitorial blood bath. ;) Still, would work for everything else.

Well I'll just leave this here for you then: :)
8ucTM1j.png