Open Ender IO Capacitor Bank input/output values get reset to 0 on dimension change

B

Buddy_xR

Summary of the problem Ender IO Capacitor Bank input/output values get reset to 0 on dimension change

Pack Version 1.2.1

What is the bug? If you have Ender IO capacitor banks set up in any dimension, and then proceed to leave the dimension and come back, almost always the input/output values of these capacitor banks get set to 0 until you manually change it back to the desired value. This happens in FTB Beyond 1.2.1 and I would assume 1.3.0 as Ender IO has STILL not been updated for whatever reason.

Mod & Version Ender Core - 0.4.1.65
Ender IO - 3.1.156

Link to log file Not available

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix Update Ender IO to the latest version, which fixes the problem as far as I'm aware

Last edited:
C

CDArena

Odd - could not duplicate this and did not notice this particular issue over the past few days (my starter base runs off of a single basic capacitor bank, and I have left dimensions and teleported a lot without seeing the IN/OUT settings go to 0).

Having said that, I have run into a few chunk border issues in Ender IO, where the capacitor bank and some of the pipes were chunk loaded but I forgot to load the adjacent chunk with machines; even though the Ender Io conduit in the loaded chunk showed a connection to the machine, the machine in the "unloaded" chunk would not receive power after I returned to the area until I broke and replaced the block. Eventually I noticed the unloaded chunk and added it to the chunk load list.

As a user, I find these chunk-related issues annoying; as a programmer, I can see how things like this pop up. I have learned to be "chunk aware" when building my machines and bases.

EDIT: after reading a related post I saw someone saying that input/output was reset when charging an item. I made an empowered dark axe and stuck it in and... it charged without setting the in/out to 0.

My test were done in Single player - so if this is happening to you on a server you might want to specify that. I have run into some other Ender IO issues, so I think updating that mod to the latest version in FTB Beyond is a good idea.

Last edited:
B

Buddy_xR

Odd - could not duplicate this and did not notice this particular issue over the past few days (my starter base runs off of a single basic capacitor bank, and I have left dimensions and teleported a lot without seeing the IN/OUT settings go to 0).

Having said that, I have run into a few chunk border issues in Ender IO, where the capacitor bank and some of the pipes were chunk loaded but I forgot to load the adjacent chunk with machines; even though the Ender Io conduit in the loaded chunk showed a connection to the machine, the machine in the "unloaded" chunk would not receive power after I returned to the area until I broke and replaced the block. Eventually I noticed the unloaded chunk and added it to the chunk load list.

As a user, I find these chunk-related issues annoying; as a programmer, I can see how things like this pop up. I have learned to be "chunk aware" when building my machines and bases.

EDIT: after reading a related post I saw someone saying that input/output was reset when charging an item. I made an empowered dark axe and stuck it in and... it charged without setting the in/out to 0.

My test were done in Single player - so if this is happening to you on a server you might want to specify that. I have run into some other Ender IO issues, so I think updating that mod to the latest version in FTB Beyond is a good idea.
I am on single player, and all of the pipes/machines/capacitor banks and such are all being chunkloaded. But, this isn't the first time i've heard of this issue and it has been reported quite a few times on the Ender IO github... the pack just needs to be updated to the latest version.

C

CDArena

Confirmed (took a while, but it finally happened to me too)

After just playing my single player for a while I finally noticed that all of my machines had stopped and the culprit was indeed the capacitor bank set to 0 in and 0 out. (Ironically while working on my Enderman spawner)